Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Angle of attack

Thanks for the optimism. Last year I submitted a 337 Field Approval package that requested the installation of an FAA-PMA alternator on my airplane. That part is STC-ed for a number of airplanes, but not mine. All of the paperwork was complete with t's crossed and i's dotted. Sounds cut-and-dry, yes?. My FSDO still took 10 months to process it. Whatever the policy, it feels like they don't give this type of customer service any priority.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Safety is the FAA's leading priority. The saying goes, "The regulations are written in blood." In other words, when there is a major accident, there will most likely be new regulations. Stall/spin has been an issue since before the beginning of manned flight. AF447 and the G650 Flight Test accident have recently brought to light some of these issues again. With that said, though, most stall/spin accidents are below 800' AGL in the pattern (and more likely below 400' AGL). Although I believe in spin training, stall recognition is more important in these particular situations. There is no reason to be flying your airplane around in normal operation near stall. Airplane peformance is based on 1.2Vstall on takeoff/climb and 1.3Vstall on approach.

Has anyone done an AOA installation in fabric wings? Any tips you would like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanille Elaine DeLair View Post
    Has anyone done an AOA installation in fabric wings? Any tips you would like to share?
    An AOA installation is no different between fabric, aluminum, composite, wood, etc. Any installation off the surface will be the same. A differential pressure on the surface may be affected due to the fabric vibrating, unsteady flow and the very small differential pressures. If I may ask, what are you thinking?