View Poll Results: How Many Passengers on average were onboard your last 5 private flights?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 to .5

14 45.16%
  • .51 to .99

5 16.13%
  • 1 to 1.5

6 19.35%
  • 1.51 to 1.99

4 12.90%
  • 2 to 2.99

1 3.23%
  • 3 to 3.99

1 3.23%
  • 4 or more

0 0%

Thread: Last 5 Flights

Last 5 Flights

I am curious how many passengers you had on board your aircraft for your last 5 flights.

I rarely carry a passenger, as I find the incessant screaming and various bodily expulsions distracting.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I didn't include a "Young Eagles" event in my last 5 flights, since that is all about the passengers and is not a "normal" flight for me. I flew about 18 kids that day, all the typical short hops around town. I do enjoy taking passengers especially "first flights". My wife is not a good passenger, I'd label her a control freak, and I rarely drive when we go out together. She's a good drive, but a lousy passenger!

Joe

My two most recent flights were solo.

My three previous flights included my wife and two Poodles.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    My two most recent flights were solo.

My three previous flights included my wife and two Poodles.
    You didn't take the cat with the goggles?
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    You didn't take the cat with the goggles?
    Haha! Forgot about him.
    That guy IS my co-pilot. He goes everywhere with me.

I actually did a survey on this some years ago. "Who is your Copilot" and concluded that most of us either fly solo or with other pilot buddies. When surveying the copilots (aka spouse or significant other) they overwhelming viewed an airplane as 'just another mode of transportation'. One response I got was that there was just no interest in sitting around a hangar as a social event. Another said that when they went to their boat, at least there were other boaters they could "party up" with. Seems like alcohol and boats mix better than airplanes do. I got another spouse that said their husband had dragged her to so many air shows she would rather stay in the motel room. One had even been to the Paris airshow and said this is 'junk' when viewing a local show.

We're trying something different at our Chapter this year in that we no longer offer 'family' memberships. We encourage members to include their family as part of the flying experience and will see if there is any significant change in the corporate participation. On the agenda is a fly-out to an outlet mall and others may include antiquing and as always "Food and Fellowship" and, of course, "Flying".

DM