Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd class medical expiration question

wyoranch: In my opinion, you have come up with the ideal solution - increase the LSA weight to include simple single engine like the 172 and Cherokees. If the intent is to increase the pilot population, this would open up the field of available aircraft. Maybe even with the stipulation that it is daylight only to eliminate any dependence on instruments. It's also my opinion that the C150/152 class aircraft are easier to fly, i.e. safer, than most LSAs I've been around.

Daunager. I don't see the sense in what you are saying?
    As i wrote above , from FAA/AOPA stats, about 99.5% of fatal accidents have no medical cause.
    How does the fact that you can pass a first class medical affect this?
    The two air charter pilots that flew the jet full of passengers into the ground at night in a snowstorm on the intrument approach into Aspen a few years back had the first class medicals.
    The vast majority of auto accidents are young poeple, probably would have no trouble passing a medical exam; still doesn't make driving very safe.

Faith in those who represent us is a powerfull thing!
    http://eaa.org/news/2011/2011-09-24_medical-mm.asp
    Rick

Big Grin EAA, AOPA FAQ on Medical Certification Exemption Request

FYI

November 14, 2011 – EAA and AOPA have joined in developing a Frequently Asked Questions sheet to answer the most common questions regarding the upcoming exemption request allowed expanded use of a driver’s license in lieu of third-class medical certification. The two organizations in September announced their intention to file the request with the FAA shortly after the first of the year.
    The FAQ sheet also includes a link for EAA members and other to register for regular updates on this important issue for aviators.
    To see previous story, click here.