Thread: Looking for someone to take over a BD-4 project

Looking for someone to take over a BD-4 project

Hello,
    My father has been building a BD-4 for the past few years but he is no longer in a state of health which will allow him to finish the project. I am looking to see if anyone is interested in the taking it over. Includes the frame, many materials for sheathing, instruments, landing gear plus many more items. Would be great for a young person, aviation club project or to compliment someone else's BD4 project. No costs involved...just a committment to use the materials in the true spirit of the EAA.
    Thanks,
    Tim Moylan
    561-302-0346
    tlax27@msn.com

Where is the project located Tim? One of our chapter members is working with a local high school to find a youth project.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Chad, The plane is in Raleigh, NC.

Thanks Tim, I'll let them know!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Tim, have you considered listing the project on ebay or Barnstormers? I think you would find a fair amount of interest....

WNC Air Museum

Have you thought about donating it to the Western North Carolina Air Museum in Hendersonville NC.

interesded

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Moylan View Post
    Hello,
    My father has been building a BD-4 for the past few years but he is no longer in a state of health which will allow him to finish the project. I am looking to see if anyone is interested in the taking it over. Includes the frame, many materials for sheathing, instruments, landing gear plus many more items. Would be great for a young person, aviation club project or to compliment someone else's BD4 project. No costs involved...just a committment to use the materials in the true spirit of the EAA.
    Thanks,
    Tim Moylan
    561-302-0346
    tlax27@msn.com
    I am interested in your project and am local. I have looked at the bd4 for a long time and thought of building one. I will commit to continuing with this project and seeing it done.
    bob

Thanks to those EEA members who responded to my BD-4 posting. I have received many emails and phone calls with offers to take over the project. Will have a decision shortly.