Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Aviation Magazine in the Mail.

December's Sport Aviation arrived today, 6 December 2012. No visable damage.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Mine came today also. I know it didn't arrive this early last month but I just don't remember when it came.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangar10 View Post
    Got mine today... does seem a bit late.

Not only does it appear to be late, but several pages are creased or wrinkled. Not from mishandling by the USPS, but it is clearly damage done by the printing/binding equipment. While pages are creased or wrinkled, they are also cut to the proper dimension, indicating that they were messed up prior to hitting the shear. Maybe a dozen pages throughout the mag.
    I was sorry to hear about this, Mark - I've passed this along with the other feedback, and we'll be talking to our print vendor about it. We'll get a replacement issue out to you as well.

Thanks ongoing to Mike, Jerry, et al for the feedback - it's been very helpful so far!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Mine was in my post office box when I checked on the 4th, so it may have come in as early as the 30th when I last checked, and no sign of any misprints or damage.

Thanks Hal, I would appreciate the fresh copy. I'd like to add that this is the first I've seen of this with our magazine. I have however seen this with other publications before. I'm sure it is just the result of a high speed automated printing process that causes this type of thing to occur on occasion... sounds like I am the exception as others have a clean copy. Hopefully we'll get the bugs worked out, our magazine is one of the few that I look forward to each month.

Got my December issue yesterday (December 6). No damage.

Still waiting on mine.

I left for Wis on the 4th and returned on the 6th, it was here when I got home, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Joe

Got Decembers issue today. 12/07/2012

I got mine 12/4 and no wrinkles,kinks or creases.
    Loved the cover shot. Loved the P-40 line-up on page 3 more!.
    Read thru the whole mag in one sitting and found no fault with ANY article (though I pity to poor bas**rd who gets paid to polish that beautiful Lockheed, job security not withstanding!).

In my opinion the best issue in a year...a bottle of beer, a bag of Cheetos and a good airplane mag...priceless!

Chris
    Last edited by Hiperbiper; 12-07-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    You Tube only proves that more airplanes have crashed due to Video Camaras than any other single reason...