Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sport Aviation Magazine in the Mail.

Sport Aviation Magazine in the Mail.

Since I got three aviation magazines in the mail yesterday, I was going to help Hal out with the date received after I finished reading the wonderful issue of Sport Aviation I just received, but was still too busy reading. The cover has a fabulous closeup picture of a BD-5J in flight; the next page is a full-page closeup of the SubSonex JSX-1 in flight and there are great following articles with more delightful photos of both aircraft. After that, I read the article on John Denver's fatal accident in a Long-EZ and continued on to the article on Tube and Fabric 101, maintaining your Piper Cub or other rag and tube airplane. The best issue of Sport Aviation I've read in months.

Then I looked at the cover. I was reading the December 2012 issue of AOPA Pilot.
    Last edited by Bill; 11-27-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Then I looked at the cover. I was reading the December 2012 issue of AOPA Pilot.
    Well, going by past history around here I will get it in about 3 weeks. Any periodicals around here (central IL) are 3 weeks after everyone is talking about it on the interweb. The last 3 months my bills have been about a week later than usual, and the mail used to come around noon, now we are lucky to have it by 4pm. I think the PO is cutting back big time.

Bill, I know what you mean! I just read the same mag today and was thinking the exact same things!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

After that, I read the article on John Denver's fatal accident in a Long-EZ
    Is it bad that I always wondered if it would have been inappropriate to play "Leavin' on a Jet Plane" at his memorial service?
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The best issue of Sport Aviation I've read in months.
    I knew it couldn't be SA, too many experimentals!!

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Thanks to those of you who read the original post and have taken the time to provide some useful feedback!

For those who want to congratulate our friends at AOPA on their magazine, here's a perfect place to do that:

http://forums.aopa.org/

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hi, Hal;

If by original post, you mean the one you wrote about timely delivery of SA, I'm waiting until I have some data - as in, when I receive the December copy.

My November issue was quite late - after the 10th of the month. (Yes, I will forward my comments to eaaforums@eaa.org), but I can't recall the exact date, so I didn't want to reply with speculation. My other aviation mags (AOPA & KitPlanes) both arrived Monday the 27th, so I don't seem to have a delivery problem with those....

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    If by original post, you mean the one you wrote about timely delivery of SA, I'm waiting until I have some data - as in, when I receive the December copy.

My November issue was quite late - after the 10th of the month. (Yes, I will forward my comments to eaaforums@eaa.org), but I can't recall the exact date, so I didn't want to reply with speculation.
    Same here - I just started reading the November issue the other day, but I don't remember exactly when it arrived, so I will report when I get the December issue. I can say for a fact that I received the December issue of Kitplanes before the November issue of Sport Aviation because they go in the pile in the order they arrive, and I already read Kitplanes.

In New Hampshire, the December Sport Aviation arrived yesterday.

Merry Christmas.

Wes
    N78PS

Got mine today... does seem a bit late.

Not only does it appear to be late, but several pages are creased or wrinkled. Not from mishandling by the USPS, but it is clearly damage done by the printing/binding equipment. While pages are creased or wrinkled, they are also cut to the proper dimension, indicating that they were messed up prior to hitting the shear. Maybe a dozen pages throughout the mag.
    Last edited by Hangar10; 12-05-2012 at 06:22 PM.