Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sport Aviation Magazine in the Mail.

Hiperbiper,

How do you keep all the orange cheeto dust off the mag pages? Have you tried the new spicy red ones? They are really GOOD!

Joe

though I pity to poor bas**rd who gets paid to polish that beautiful Lockheed, job security not withstanding!
    If they paid me and let me ride in it, I would not be complaining. LOL
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Update. Mine came in the mail today. Undamaged. As far as the sweepstakes goes, I would get more use out of the second prize. Now if they offered a P-51...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    Hiperbiper,

How do you keep all the orange cheeto dust off the mag pages? Have you tried the new spicy red ones? They are really GOOD!

Joe
    Joe. I tried the red cheetos but went back to the original! For a spicy snack I'm a Nacho Dorito ho'.

As for Cheeto dust I make every effort to not get said orange powder on the mag, my shirt, pants, shoes or socks.
    No success in 40 years but I continue to make the effort!

Worst Cheeto dust story:
    Three cats in the house; Zues, Hera and Venus. All love an occasional Cheeto. Zeus and Hera are all black and Venus is Black and White. Venus got into a wrestling match with her Cheeto and ended up looking like a Calico for a week!!! Wife swore I did it on purpose.
    I didn't but if I'd have thought about it I might have...

Back to the subject; with the exception of the Embraer history (which I enjoyed) I didn't catch a single wiff of kerosene in the whole issue. Likewise the lack of $80K panels and Leather butt-warming seats was noticed and apprecated.

Chri
    You Tube only proves that more airplanes have crashed due to Video Camaras than any other single reason...

Still waiting for December issue. Didn't even receive November issue

EDIT(12/12/12): Thanks for getting back to me about this, Andrew Ovans.
    Last edited by Thomas Richards; 12-12-2012 at 10:58 AM.

....and Leather butt-warming seats was noticed and apprecated
    What's wrong with heated seats? Those would be quite nice in winter, early spring or late fall given how poorly insulated (or completely non-insulated) most homebuilts are. I hadn't thought about that for my design so thanks for bringing it up!
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Hunter Valley in New South Wales Australia
    I've noticed that my mags have been arriving a lot earlier recently. Seems they are now printed in locally in Australia. Speeds things up a bit. Good thinking EAA.

December issue arrived today, along with yet another life insurance pitch from another aviation membership group.

I feel quite safe - they keep trying to sucker me into a bet where I say I'll die and they wager I won't.

"You're not going to die horribly in a wreck," they say.
    "Oh, yes, I am!" I suddenly find myself replying.
    "Ha!" they scoff, "We'll take your 24 bucks against half a million dollars of ours each month as bet. But we won't lose. You won't die horribly in a wreck this month, nor next month. In fact, we're betting you'll live longer than the ten years of coverage, and we'll pocket the cash."
    "Er..." I mumble...
    "C'mon, take the bet. We're giving you better than 20,000 to one odds that you don't die."
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    What's wrong with heated seats? Those would be quite nice in winter, early spring or late fall given how poorly insulated (or completely non-insulated) most homebuilts are. I hadn't thought about that for my design so thanks for bringing it up!

Steve;
    Check out SPAL seat warmers. Same parts used in Lambos and Lotus. Use a relay off the bus with direct battery power to the seats. I think the part # is SP-250 (I used to sell 'em). For what you can do for $300.00 in you airplane they will charge $5000.00 a Beech, EMB, etc.
    http://shop.brandondist.com/category.sc?categoryId=5

Chris in Shreveport
    Last edited by Hiperbiper; 12-12-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    You Tube only proves that more airplanes have crashed due to Video Camaras than any other single reason...