Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

This looks much better! Great work, guys!

Hal,

Can we get a spellchecker added to the cluster of editing functions ? Maybe I didn't look hard enough but have tried twice but can't find one in either of the Reply to Thread or Post New Thread formats which come up.

EDGEFLY

Not sure if you're inclined to do such a thing, but Firefox has a spell checker. Gotta download and install Firefox though.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Firefox Spellchecker

Anymouse,

I use Firefox as my primary browser but don't know how I could use that spellchecker as an integral part or a Thread initiative message or a reply in the EAA forums. If you have a method, please share it with me.

EDGEFLY

When I create a post and have a misspelling, a red line shows up under the offending word. If this isn't happening, try going to your settings. Not sure where that's located on Windows machines (under tools?) but on a Mac you'll find it under Firefox: Preferences. Once you're there, go to the Advanced Tab. Under General, you should see an option to "Check my spelling as I type." Make sure that's checked.
    Last edited by Anymouse; 01-29-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

On a Windows OS, in Firefox, go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Check my spelling as I type.

There is a spell check available free called "ieSpell". Google that, down load it and it will forever reside under a right click on your mouse as "Check Spelling" , or left click if you use your lfet hand to move the mouse. It will do a spell check for you in places that windows will not. I have used it for years and it is lovely. Larry
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gonitzke View Post
    On a Windows OS, in Firefox, go to Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Check my spelling as I type.
    If you have Firefox 9.0 or later, click on the Firefox Menu Button, then its Options --> Options --> Advanced --> Check my spelling as I type.
    Bill

Hal: Is there any way that one can download and put the countdown Hamilton timer to AirVenture on a desktop? Thanks! Greg

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Greg - Unfortunately not. I've tinkered with this a couple of times in the past, and I've never found an easy to make it work.

Your best bet is to look for an installable countdown clock widget for Windows or Mac as appropriate that will just let you specify the date and time for AirVenture. I haven't played around with any of them, but a Google search showed a few promising looking candidates.

Best regards -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation