Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Is the instant email notification not working yet? Anyone else getting notifications? I have instant email turned on and I haven't had one yet. ???
    I am getting notifications thru email now...just fyi
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Thanks for the follow-up, Chad - glad to hear that's working properly now.

Hey Hal: A vast improvement over the old software. I'm still poking around the site, so no real comments about it yet.

I would like to make a suggestion to those that have ideas for mods and functionality. Seperate out your comments as to functional issues, mods to functionality and changes to esthetics. By seperating them out, it gives Hal and the support crew time to get the items that are not functioning correctly, fixed before this goes out live. The membership is going to scream to high heaven if this rolls out with any big bugs or gotchas. Once it is all working correctly and to the satifaction of Hal, the staff and all of us beta testers, then start rolling in the changes for improved funtionality and as time permits the esthetic items can be worked in. I would much rather have this go live without all the pretty stuff and the guts working as near perfect as possible than have it look wonderful and perform like garbage. This endevour won't survive another turbulent, draggy execution and Hal doesn't deserve one, nor does EAA.

It's looking to be a job well done to Hal and the staff, and I'm looking forward to this going live soon and to see the reaction of all of the members of the board and all EAA members too.

Hate to break this to you Craig, but it's live now.

Link has been posted on the various colored boards, as well as Oshkosh365. The cat is out of the bag.

The good news is that just about everything seems to be working. Just a few tweaks needed here and there.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Oh well....Hopefully everyone will move over here then and be much happier with this software. It would have been nice for Hal and the crew to have a week or so of beta, but now that it's out there....... I hope that everyone gives Hal and the crew the well deserved support and positive feedback for having made the change in software and for all the suffering of our rath over the old stuff.

Nice thing about vBulletin is that it seems to pretty much work out of the box. Just need to format it to what you want (colors, forums, etc.).

And you're right, Hal and company deserve a big round of applause for responding to our requests for something better. It's great to have an organization that will listen and respond to members' concerns.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally, I can look at stuff and post stuff without it taking 20 minutes to do it!
    Great job!

How pure the joy when I first beheld this thoroughly modern forum.

Congratulations and tusen takk!

Bill

Works great! vBulletin is what I find to work the easiest and fastest. Thanks for the change. L
    Last edited by Larry Lyons; 07-21-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Hey Hal, This board is too fast. Could you slow it down a bit???
    Last edited by Hiperbiper; 07-26-2011 at 08:37 PM.