Thread: Duane Cole's Clip Wing Taylorcraft N21292

Duane Cole's Clip Wing Taylorcraft N21292

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I'm looking for photos of this aircraft: i have a few already gathered from the web, but conspicuous by their absence are any shots showing the upper wing/ stab surface leading edge scallop colour scheme.

I'm looking to build a flying scale model, and good quality photos of the complete aircraft taken from as many angles as possible are essential for judging purposes

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Best regards

Graham

EAA #1077183

Hi,

I have a video Duane did about 20+ years ago called "VFR Tips of All Pilots", the VCR case has a color photo but the shot is looking from slightly below as he climbs out with a slight left wing drop. I can count 6 scallops/ wing plus the tip trim and a little trim at the root near the windshield. There may be better shots of this aircraft in the video which I got through EAA's video collection. It's has a lot of good "Tips" and is worth the $30.

Joe

Graham;

Duane was a member of our Chapter, so we have some pics around the hangar. Unfortunately, I'm in Oshkosh, so it will be awhile before I can see what we have.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Thanks guys!

Carl, would be great to see some original photos of Duane and his aircraft: thanks in advance!

Best regards

Graham
    Last edited by Graham Banham; 07-25-2012 at 12:05 PM.

I have a copy of "Conquest of Lines and Symmetry" copywrite by Duane Cole, 1970. The only photo of N21292 is on front cover with it inverted, looking a little downward. The bottom of the wing is visible. The wing, hor stab and elevator seems to be solid red, no scallops. Forward fuselage & LG are solid red. The belly is red. Fuselage aft of the wing including vert stab & rudder are white with a red scalloped L.E. Lift struts are white. N21292 is on the rudder in black 2" numerals. "Duane Cole" is in 18" black letters,right side up on the fuselage. The only scallops (3) are fuseage aft of wing wher it goes from red to white.

plans

Not sure if the plans will help but here you go. There is also one b&w photo on this page
    http://bullyaero.com/clipwing-taylorcraft-plans/

Thanks again guys: clearly the wing and stab undersides are solid red, and the limited info i have shows scallops on the upper flying surfaces, but always hoping for more pictures!

GrahamName:  A7A.jpg
Views: 3228
Size:  95.7 KBName:  Duane Cole T-Craft inverted ad.jpg
Views: 3025
Size:  45.1 KB

Documentation varies with the airplane's finish at the moment the picture was taken. Look above, the color picture has Duane's inverted fuselage logo on one side, the black and white picture has it on the other side, and if you visit the airplane at the EAA museum, the name is upright on both sides. Don't think Duane ever flew it that way.

Curious: my understanding is 'Duane Cole' painted upright initially, but later inverted on both fuselage sides: the photos i have of the aircraft in the EAA museum certainly show it inverted.

GrahamName:  1.jpg
Views: 2457
Size:  53.5 KBName:  A2.jpg
Views: 2241
Size:  98.9 KBName:  A1.jpg
Views: 2372
Size:  95.4 KB