Thread: Bad airport neighbors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Bad airport neighbors

I posted in my blog this morning on the topic and it really boils my blood....

Does anyone else think it's crazy for people to move in near an airport and complain about it?
    Brent Owens
    RV-8 'Contrary Mary' - Flying
    www.fixedwingbuddha.com

I agree, if your going to buy a home near any facility that creates noise, street traffic, or any commercial activity you need to THINK before you sign the offer. Unfortunately, too many people are so impressed by the nice features a new home offers that they overlook the neighborhood. Developers are only interested in making a profit, will not make any mention of anything that might discourage a sale. Airports are really vulnerable, given the large amount of real estate they require and as the suburbs sprawl they tend to surround the older airports. This is a set-up for real estate developers to grab-up some really prime property and it is happening all over the country. It's not some kind of plot, just a simple opportunity for a few people to make some $$$. There is rarely any serious opposition to expanding a major airport like say O'Hare in part, because the airlines and the local govt. needs the facility and the revenue it generates. Smaller airports with low levels of activity are easy targets, OSU is not small and the best way to fight this stuff is to point out the economic impact the airport makes to the whole community. We just had an election where a lot of talk focused on jobs, closing an airport replaces permanent jobs with a one time bump in construction, very short term thinking.

Joe

arizona department of real estate website. airport boundary maps. territory in the vicinity of an airport. mandatory disclosure to buyers before closing. all states should do that. basically - you were told before you bought, so sit down and shut up.

As is here.... note development stalled just NW of airport. when the economy returns there will be houses here..... Name:  Rio Vista O88.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  94.8 KB

Yes it is crazy. I am still dumbfounded when people come in and say they never new the airport was even here. The airport has been here for years and is right on a busy main road. drivin with blinders and buying houses with blinders.

see 16 Right video...... classic encroachment - embattled airport