Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to locate an odd fastener....

The screws on the sea Harrier are made by BAE (K0289). The P/N for the various lengths are: STD2180D20, STD2180D25, STD2180D30.
    The NSN's are 5305-99-603-0073 -4517 -4518 We expect to obtain a second Sea Harrier this coming spring/summer and it is supposed
    to have some spares with it. If you don't find what you need from the others on this forum, let me know and I will get you a link to
    a British supplier....

Pete

Thanks for the info folks. The fasteners are VERY aerospace. They're off the straight trim section for the F-15C canopy I'm repairing.

Matt, the catalog you sent has a lot of cool info, but I didn't find that exact fastener. They list the .190 x32 thread for many of the fasteners, but the nominal grip specs don't seem to go higher than .406. The fastener I've measured is .454. I don't know if this is enough of a difference to worry about however.

RV8505: Left you voicemail today. No rush on this, it's ok. Thanks for the samples!

2VW: Yeah, I already tried Spencer's. The impression I got wasn't very good. The counter girl took the screw back to some guy in the back room and by the conversation I heard, they weren't terribly interested in helping or even offering suggestions. I wasn't even asked what it was for or any other questions. The counter girl handed me the screw back, said they don't carry them and basically wandered off after asking me if there was anything else. Wow. I don't mind vendors hiring eye candy, but would it hurt them to get the brand that can make squiggles on an EEG?

Thanks folks!

g.

F15. I put an email into Duane anyways and he indicates he would see if he can locate.

Meanwhile not the fastener you are looking for, but they thought these links may be of interest. You may already have them? And they may be of no interest at all.

http://wlstorage.net/file/us-f15c-tews-2000.pdf
    http://wlstorage.net/file/boeing-f15...ystem-1998.pdf
    http://wlstorage.net/file/boeing-f15...ystem-2001.pdf
    Last edited by 2VW; 11-25-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks 2VW. Of the three, I was missing the auto-flight system manual. Thanks for that!

g.

F15 can you provide a better closure of the top of the head?

A what?

g.

sorry iPad auto correct.

a better close up photo.

Hehehe. No problem. I'll see if I can find a screw that's got a less marred head as well. I'm picking up the raw material to fab the new trim piece today, so I'll be in the shop.

tnx!

g.

Even better if you can also take photo of where on the canopy this goes as well.

The fasteners are for the trim pieces that run from the mid-canopy seam all the way forward.

I grabbed a loupe and examined one of the cleaner fasteners. The number on it is HT-4041-3. My Nikon can't resolve details that small without a different lens.

Here's a pic of the canopy:

tnx!

[edit]
    I just remembered that I had an IPB dated from '77. After much digging, I found these part numbers:
    HT4024L3-6, HT4024L3-4 and HT4024L3-3.

Unfortunately, Google search results are poisoned by a**hat middlemen websites.

g.
    Last edited by f15sim; 11-28-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Forgot I had more docs!