Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just too dang hot! ya'll....

Well, what do you know. the weather man was wrong today. It actually got to 117.

skeeter

Many of you might remember the late Robert "the other Bob" Hoover, who blogged extensively about VW engine conversions and low-cost aircraft construction. Here's one of my favorite stories.

Bob lived in the desert, and would actually work in the nude due to the heat. When he had to weld, he would don a full-front apron to protect himself. He was welding one day, and saw the the UPS truck roll up. He started strolling out, but noticed a young woman get out with the package. He stopped, greeted her, and made sure that only the "covered" side of him faced her. He noticed she had a little grin, though, that she was trying to hide.

Bob signed for his package, said goodbye, and watched the woman climb back in her truck and start driving off. He stood there until until it was out of sight, then turned around to walk back into his shop.

And realized he'd been standing right in front of his house's big picture window.

The house's big REFLECTIVE picture window.

Bob's blog is still up, at http://bobhooversblog.blogspot.com/

Ron Wanttaja

I've been putting insulation in the attic over the shop - its so hot up there (even in the early morning after the cat wakes me at 0 dark thirty for breakfast) I've been crawling around up there in nothing but my old PT shorts from the 80s - I sure hope the UPS girl doesn't show up before I am decent...