Thread: 75 Cubs scramble from Hartford

75 Cubs scramble from Hartford

True events - real footage - enjoy !

As impressive as this is, the RAF seemed a tad more... "enthusiastic" about get started and off the ground.

I also remember AV2010, Saturday, everybody hanging around waiting for the field to go VFR. The moment the beacon turned off, about noon, it seemed that everyone in the warbirds area was running to their planes. The marshalling teams were similarly running to the flight line. (That was a sight, in and of itself.) As fast as you could get into the plane and race through before start checklist (or the portion left undone from a half-hour before) there was a marshaller in front of you signaling clear for engine start. Taxi out nose to tail, line up in pairs, and waved clear for takeoff. The rule is supposed to be both planes go to full power, first plane cleared to roll; second plane releases brakes the moment there is air between the first plane's tires and pavement. I think the marshallers waited that long, maybe, most of the time. Into a thousand foot overcast. Break left and right like the B-52 clip. Lots of fun.

I waited until Sunday this past year for my departure. Much more leisurely.
    Last edited by Mayhemxpc; 11-18-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: additional information