Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood rib stapler needed

Gday,quick note;I have used air staplers a lot,just be careful when passing from hand to hand,I have stapled myself on more than once. It is a moment of high anal pucker I can tell you .cheers Ross

Here is the p/n list for the Senco 22 ga staples: http://www.senco.com/tools/details-p...d-wire-stapler

Amazon lists them as well as numerous other online sources
    Last edited by CraigCantwell; 08-22-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
    Where do you find staples for it? I'm striking out finding 3/16" crown with 1/4" leg or 3/16" leg.
    Something I learned from a woodworker long time ago: Take a rack of staples where leg is too long and grind point off the legs with a belt sander or equivalent. Greatly lessens the likelyhood of splitting the capstrip as the 'flat' point crushes the wood fibers where a sharp point parts the fibers and causes splitting. Works great.

Also, if you plan to remove staples after glue is dry shoot them through some chipboard cardboard. They won't go in as deep and it's easy peasy to get the staples out by pulling up on the cardboard to loosen them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
    Where do you find staples for it? I'm striking out finding 3/16" crown with 1/4" leg or 3/16" leg.
    Briguy
    Michigan
    I got my stapler and staples from http://www.nailgundepot.com/. No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Here's the completed shipset
    Name:  2013-01-23 14.57.45.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  98.4 KB
    Last edited by bigdog; 08-23-2016 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added picture
    Regards,
    Greg Young
    1950 Navion N5221K
    RV-6 N6GY - first flight 5/16/2021
    1940 Rearwin Cloudster in work
    4 L-2 projects on deck