Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Real Cost to build 60'x60' hangar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it
    Know why husbands die before their wives? They want to!

No judgement honestly but a $350K hangar for a $30K airplane sounds a little disporportionate.

Was your ex so retributional that she wanted to take away your airplane's home? What was she going to do with a hangar without an airplane? I assume she sold it for the cash. Whoa, what did you do to get her so pissed? These are just rhetorical questions as I'm sure you're not interested in answering which I understand. Hope your life is going well now.

I could have bought her out and kept the house and hangar but that's all I'd have. I couldn't swing the purchase and upkeep on just my income.

The core of the divorce wasn't the hangar, it was that she found a trust fund baby to hook-up with. The new "10" criteria is a 4 with 6 million dollars.
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 06-22-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    The new "10" criteria is a 4 with 6 million dollars.
    That's funny, but not at the time I'm sure. Appreciate your candour, I've been there too but my divorce 33 years ago was so amicable we used the same lawyer. No kids and just split the proceeds of the house. But I got custody of the Weimaraner.

I got custody of the dogs too. Sounds like we both both the better end of the deal

We'll, it looks like I may end up just being my own GC for this project. I checked with wicks and morton, they came in at 146k and 125k respectivley. If I do the contracting myself, i can build it for around 60-70...

They're saying that concrete is 170/yard... I found it for less than half that locally...

Sounds like they're subcontracting and putting in the markup to make a profit.

Can't blame them for trying.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerclown View Post
    We'll, it looks like I may end up just being my own GC for this project. I checked with wicks and morton, they came in at 146k and 125k respectivley. If I do the contracting myself, i can build it for around 60-70...

I'm curious how you ended up on your hangar project and if you self-contracted it? I'm in the planning stages of a 50 x 50 "garage" or "shop" that may or may not store a Cessna 182... It's on private land in central Georgia. I'm fine with a crossover sliding door as that is what we have at the local airport hangar I fly out of now. Your post came up during my search so I thought I'd ask and see which way you decided to go. Any feedback/advice is well-appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by beachpilot View Post
    I'm curious how you ended up on your hangar project and if you self-contracted it? I'm in the planning stages of a 50 x 50 "garage" or "shop" that may or may not store a Cessna 182... It's on private land in central Georgia. I'm fine with a crossover sliding door as that is what we have at the local airport hangar I fly out of now. Your post came up during my search so I thought I'd ask and see which way you decided to go. Any feedback/advice is well-appreciated!
    I'm sadly still in the planning phase. The airport owner has been having issues setting up all the approvals he needs from the city/state. I haven't gotten much further with the planning as its hard to get the ball rolling without a solid timeline. Luckily, as I said earlier, this will be on private land so I dont need to worry about the city taking the land back at some point. I'm still hoping to get it all done for about $150k. Still looking for a 60x60x18, insulated and heated.