I was wondering if anyone has any information on the issue of guys flying under Light Sport across the Canadian border. Lots of guys I know up here in Northern MN have gone SP and most of these guys have places they visit in Canada. Right now our glorious border laws won't allow people to fly across the border without a valid medical certificate. The guys I know are/were PP licensed and previously crossed the border all the time before the new eAPIS system. Once their medical certificate expired they can no longer leagally get back across the border which I think is a bunch of 'horse pucky'!!
Is there anything being done to alliviate this issue?
On a side note I know that the amount of border crossings via GA has greatly decreased by the guys I know that used to go to Canada for a weekend of fishing or just plain sight seeing.
Unfortuantely I am one of these guys. I let my medical expire and am now flying under SP. I had always dreamed of flying up there to visit several friends and now the only way I can do so is by driving. Both my Champ and RANS S-7 have floats and I would love to be able to fly up for a weekend and visit my buddies lake cabins.
Keith