Thread: If anyone is near Baton Rouge on 11-06-2012...

If anyone is near Baton Rouge on 11-06-2012...

*Edit* Hello..I'm new here

I realize this is last minute, but my wife helps to organize events for a "Young Leaders" group in our area, and tomorrow they are planning on visiting the local airport (KHZR) with about 20 to 30 teenagers at 4:30 PM. She has asked me to be on hand with my airplane to show it to the kids and to answer any questions they have about General Aviation and how I make use of it in my life.

I figure that the more airplanes on hand the better, so I have put out a bunch of feelers to other pilots I know in the area, but thought that there would be no harm in posting it to the board here as well. I had actually sent an email to the Baton Rouge EAA chapter last week, but unfortunately I haven't heard back from them (nothing against them, however, I probably just didn't do a good enough job of investigating the proper recipient). Anyhow, I'm left scrambling a bit to have at least a couple of other pilots on hand for this very casual event.

Also, if anyone has any ideas about topics I should try to make a point to discuss with the kids, I'm all ears. Thank you!
    Last edited by Challenged; 11-05-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenged View Post
    Anyhow, I'm left scrambling a bit to have at least a couple of other pilots on hand for this very casual event.
    Yvonne C. should be able to find a few pilots and planes on short notice, of she can put you in touch with somebody in Ch 244 that can make something happen.

This event went great. The kids were very interested and engaged. We had 6 pilots and 5 planes on display, including a crop duster. I was so thankful all those guys showed up.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1352249019751.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  85.4 KB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2