Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is IAC Sportsman for the sportsman?

John: Years ago I competed in the Sportsman category with a 7KCAB Citabria and did ok. It was a lot more work than with a Pitts! The Citabria does teach you good rudder skills that will be very helpful if you ever trade up. The Pitts rolls so fast you can be sloppy with top rudder without being penalized too heavily. Not so with the Citabria! I moved up to a Pitts S2A later and the time I spent in the Citabria helped hone my flying skills considerably and I won several sportsman contests with the Pitts. So go for it, learn from the plane and you'll be a better pilot even if you don't wind up on the podium. You'll also have an easier trip to and from the contests than the Pitts owners!

You ought to see our own Eric Minnis flying his cliped wing 90hp t-craft and kicking b....to others flying High Performance aicraft flying in sportsman. Im about to compete against him in two weeks flying my Giles 202 at the Carolina Boggei

Attitude

I guess all in life and specially in aerobatics is about attitudes! Come in and enjoy the camaraderi that exist at IAC....

wait a second, i thought you needed a composite monoplane because composite monoplanes are the best and if you fly a composite monoplane you'll get all the chicks.

Last year at the KC Aerobatic Contest I flew a 172...