I'm currently an owner of a 71' Piper PA-28 140/160. I'm also now thinking about picking up a mil trainer of some sort. I'm looking for 2 place tandem plane mainly for formation flying with some basic warbird acro. capabilities. Also be a plus if there is a place to throw a weekends worth of baggage.

If anyone knows any other options please list them, I'm not finding a whole lot on any other planes that fit in this category on the net.

Yak-52, looks to be my favorite right now. From what I can find though, it drinks tons of fuel and oil. Doesn't have a long range but seems to be the most "fun". I haven't found any "real" numbers but it looks like this plane will also be the hardest on the pocket book. Price of the basic planes look to start around 65K.

CJ-6A, not at powerful as the Yak and not rated as great w/ acro either (not too big of an issue for me, I don't think). Doesn't burn as much fuel and has larger tanks. I've read that it's better suited for someone who is wanting to do a lil' more x-country in their plane. Bummed that you can't fly inverted like you can in the Yak though. Prices I've found look to be starting around 60K.

DHC-1, Flat out not one that really catches my eye... It doesn't have a round engine. HAHA Least amount of HP and looks to struggle the most on acro. - will do it though... I don't even have a clue as to what the cost of the plane is, can't find any for sale?