Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you working on right now?

Wiring up my RV9A. 91 deg every day here in S. Fla. Oops, now there's a hurricane coming. Terrific!

Putting in the floorboard of the Nieuport, then the carrythroughs for the lower wings.

Then controls.

It's been so hot that I did some minor stuff - searching out pulled rivets on the fuselage, painting the horizontal stabilizer support struts and gear, bending back gussets so they won't poke up when it comes time to cover...

I am finishing up my practice project from Van's and getting my workshop in order!
    Kim R Johnson
    Longmont, CO KLMO
    RV-9A

I'm planning to start building a Rans S-19 soon. BTW does anyone know anythign about the rans clan site? I haven't been able to access it the past few days.

Marshall Alexander

Just finished the tail portions of my Sonex (sport acro) and am starting on the aft fuselage. Plan is to have entire fuselage done by years end.

It's 110 in the garage right now... So, I snuck part of the project inside the house. Actually got a LOT of hole position marking done on a little table in our computer room. Brought about 120 tubes through there, a little bit at a time. Once the family was used to it, I even brought a couple of 8-9 foot longerons through as well. Over a couple of days, got them all marked. Then in the mornings, I have been drilling a tube or 2 before going to work when it's a little bit cooler. Since that's all done, been going out there for 15-30 minute increments in the heat to keep parts at least moving around, if not getting anywhere...
    Murphy's 13th: Every solution breeds new problems...

http://www.spoonworld.com

Unfortunately repairing my Bushcaddy R80 which was completed only early last year and hit the milestone of 10 hours on her only to have the hanger roof smash down on her causing major damage to the fuselage and minor to the wings, by the monster cyclone we had at the begining of the year.

My son, Harry, and I finished our first Acey Deucy rib today. Turned out well.

Spent the afternoon working in the shop of a gentleman who has a jointer, planer, and thickness sander. We are transforming my rough spruce into spars.

Name:  harry_first_rib_sm.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  79.1 KB

Harry does not look happy staring into the sun - but it's clear he's pleased to present the rib! Both look great!

Oof, I had to trim up a gusset for the front carry through and scratched the vertical tube pretty deeply. So it's got to be replaced. And then since I didn't like my in situ trim job I replaced the gusset. Should have known that taking short cuts is the long way around.

Got the flooring done, though, and that wood looks bowling alley ready with the polyurathane.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.