Thread: Too Good To Pass By

Too Good To Pass By

I hope that most of you will enjoy this; but for the starboard wing nuts among you, skip reading this and go elsewhere that is "politics" free.
    This is not really about "politics", ie no one is coming to take your guns away, but it is about politicians.

The recent headline read, "Gallup poll shows that rural American would rather elect Pres. Ahmadinejad than Pres. Obama".
    The govt. of Iran was delighted to read this latest news, and their national news agency, FARS promptly and gleefully republished the headline from the U S newspaper.

Only problem was the Iranians were not familiar with American satire and humor and didn't check their sources.
    The real source was the paper, THE ONION,.

The Onion then even went along and claimed that FARS was really a subsidary of theirs.

The Iranians have since apologized for the false report, no word on if they have a sense of humor, but I found it hilarious, it made my day in the otherwise tense real world of worrying about if Iran may soon have nuclear weapons and all that that entails with Israel, etc.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 10-03-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Hilarious.....

Rolls Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I hope that most of you will enjoy this; but for the starboard wing nuts among you, skip reading this and go elsewhere that is "politics" free.
    This is not really about "politics", ie no one is coming to take your guns away, but it is about politicians.

The recent headline read, "Gallup poll shows that rural American would rather elect Pres. Ahmadinejad than Pres. Obama".
    The govt. of Iran was delighted to read this latest news, and their national news agency, FARS promptly and gleefully republished the headline from the U S newspaper.

Only problem was the Iranians were not familiar with American satire and humor and didn't check their sources.
    The real source was the paper, THE ONION,.

The Onion then even went along and claimed that FARS was really a subsidary of theirs.

The Iranians have since apologized for the false report, no word on if they have a sense of humor, but I found it hilarious, it made my day in the otherwise tense real world of worrying about if Iran may soon have nuclear weapons and all that that entails with Isreal, etc.
    Just for a laugh. I read this on another site.
    Rural people rather vote for Ahmadinejad because he'll cut the red tape and build cell towers like he is doing with nuclear power plants. With cell towers all across the nation people can use their Obama phones just like in the big port wing nut cities. Ahmadinejad is a little conflicted though, he wants to turn Israel into a dead zone.
    Last edited by RV8505; 10-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.

The "real" world is a lot funnier then the TV talking heads. The "senior" official on the field in the Packer/Seahawks game came from the "lingerie" football league...you can't make this stuff up!

Joe

Joe, if I was going to be a football ref, I would a lot rather look at ladies? in lingerie than a bunch of sweaty men.

I used to coach a girls university football team, and that was a trip. Nobody scored a point on us all season!

Bill,

After watching the Packers "loose" that game I agree. I would have been happier watching the lingerie clad ladies!

Joe