Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seeking Project Suggestions

Thanks, James. Looks like a fun bird!
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Have you considered a RANS S-12? I rebuilt a 1995 model in 2005 and found factory support and Ted Bryant on MD very helpful. I think you can complete this for under $30K, it is a high wing for better low and slow sight seeing, has a stall of low 40's and cruises at 75 mph.

Dave Thatcher is the designer of the Thatcher CX4. On the CX4 Yahoo Group, Dave posted the following on 3/15/2012:

Gentlemen:
    The CX4 kits offered by Mr. Peter Beck will no longer be available.
    Of course, the kits sold and under construction now will be completed.
    The fiberglass parts sold by Erni Martin will continue to be sold, and the parts
    I make will still be available.
    Best regards,
    Dave Thatcher

I wouldn't be concerned with this announcement. Dave has recently sold his 500th set of plans. The vast majority of all builders are building per the plans and are not using Pete's kit. All flying Thatchers have been built with plans only and are not kit-built.

This is an AWESOME thread. Thanks so much to everyone who put in some of the obscure companies and planes!

I haven't seen anyone mention this, so I'll throw it out there. The Midget Mustang is a really cool looking kit (who doesn't want a mustang?) and it looks like you might be able to get it into the air in your price range.
    The only thing is on your list that I don't believe the Mustang will do is fold wings, but just as a thought:
    http://www.mustangaero.com/

(who doesn't want a mustang?)
    A full size one? Eh....if it was given to me or sold dirt cheap, sure. Honestly, I've never been that impressed with the P-51. Now a P-40 or Spitfire or one of the German fighters of WWII? I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake.

The Midget Mustang looks about as much like a P-51 as a Fokker turboprop looks like a B-26.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

You take the P-40 (agreed, a very sexy fighter). I'll take the mustang, and then give it to the original poster. :-D