I just received this email from a vendor I recently purchased some parts from:

"AVIATION??? Michael, I am sorry, but our products do not go through the rigorous testing, inspection, design rigor and quality control etc necessary for aviation. We cannot honor any warranty or accept any liability in such an application whatsoever. If this is an issue, let me know and I will pay for return shipping and refund your money. Can you also send us a waiver that you accept all design responsibility for application & use of our product as a Professional Engineer?"

Honestly, I'm not real sure how to react. This appears to be a small company, they use the word "racing" in their business name and advertise their products to the auto racing community.

The items I purchased from them are aluminum crankshaft, water pump, & alternator pulleys. I would just send them back, but I am using the short aluminum water pump Ford used on the early 260 & 289, & there aren't exactly a lot of places making aluminum pulleys for that application.

Maybe from now on I should just lie & tell everyone the engine is for a Cobra or GT40 replica?