Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
The pictures, from my perspective, appear to have some form of contamination between the undercoat and topcoat. Since conventional solvents are not being used to get past any surface "oils" the surface prep is even more important.
In the supplied photos - what type of spray gun was used? How long between fill coats and top coats and what was the environment during that time?
Having seen the display aircraft that Stewart uses for their "booth" I was impressed. I attended two work shops on Stewart products - one observing and the other hands on. I was pleased with the ease of application
I talk with the Stewart guys at almost every Osh and SnF and am tempted by their products. However, even they have what I'll call mystery problems from time to time. I was talking with the fellow who helps them and posts a lot on the SuperCub forum and asked about a couple of the covered samples he had on display at Osh two years ago and he said something like "Yeah, I had to do the yellow one twice. I painted it and it went to absolute crap, so I tore the covering off and redid it." When something like that happens to one of the factory guys and he doesn't have a good explanation, that worries me.