Thread: Jet pilots please help!

Jet pilots please help!

Hi, I'll try to keep this short, but it does require some explanation.I recently lost my 22 year old son in a motorcycle accident in Florida. To say I'm devasted is putting it mildly, he was my greatest joy. He and I had some really great times at Airventure!It was his dream to be an Air Force pilot, he had all of these great plans.He joined the Air Force, was an aircraft structural maintenance tech on A-10's, but was dischargedlast March. He was going to work on getting back in.....he really loved it!Now to why I'm posting. I would like to take some rememberances of my wonderful son for a flight in a jet, preferably an ex military jet.I know I could go to a jet warbird school, but unfortunately I don't have a great deal of money, I'm a CFI and working on getting my A&P.So if anyone can help please contact me.Thank you,Kandace

Banned
    I can't help you with the jet ride....I just would like to say that I too have a 22 year old son who I love dearly and I am so truly sorry for your loss. I hope you find the jet jockey who will allow you to make your wish a reality.

I don't know of any of the jet guys down there, but I'd suggest that you ask his old unit or one of the other A-10 groups if they would carry some personal affect or momento like a photo or a piece of his clothing on one of their flights.

I can help. Send me a private message with what stuff you want flown.

Kandace, I know a current A-10 pilot in the NE. Please contact me if I can help.

Kandace, I'm very sorry for your loss. I have two boys, 18 and 23, and can't imagine what you are going thru. My condolences.

I fly for a major airline and also have friends who are pilots in the Air Force as well as in the Marine Corps. Let me know if any of us can help.
    Gary Baker
    Finishing RV-6
    Medina, OH