Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New High School Aviation Club

New High School Aviation Club

Three of my friends and I have started an Aviation Club at our High School to share our passion for flying and educate other students about airplanes and various careers related to aviation. To cut to the point, I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is willing to donate old sectional charts, UNAIRWORTHY instruments, airplane parts, and other aviation related items. Also, suggestions and hints are appreciated so we can make the club better.

Thank you!

Joe, how many kids signed up?

Joe,

Where are you located?

Right now there are about 10 students, 13 if you include me and the other two guys who started it. We're in the Cleveland area.

Cleveland, Ohio. sorry.

Joe, that is really cool! What a great idea! We did something similar when I was in high school and the local FBO actually donated an old room in the community hangar for us to use as a classroom/club house. We decorated it with posters and hung models from the ceiling. It was really cool. Small town so it never grew beyond a dozen kids, but it was a blast.
    Good luck on your endeavor!
    Brent Owens
    RV-8 'Contrary Mary' - Flying
    www.fixedwingbuddha.com

Congratulations. My wife when she was a middle school teacher hosted the aviation club at her school. I've almost certainly got some charts I can dumped on you.
    She hooked up with the local control line model club and the kids built their own control line planes and flew them. I'll have to ask her she has any stuff left around you might have.
    She also sponsored the science olympiad team that did the rubber band powered flight duration competition. The school's team won two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Matz View Post
    Three of my friends and I have started an Aviation Club at our High School to share our passion for flying and educate other students about airplanes and various careers related to aviation. To cut to the point, I am wondering if there is anyone out there who is willing to donate old sectional charts, UNAIRWORTHY instruments, airplane parts, and other aviation related items. Also, suggestions and hints are appreciated so we can make the club better.

Thank you!
    Give me an address and I'll send you some stuff....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

What are you thinking of sending?

I wish we could get a room like that on an airport, but the airports around us "hide" under their security. So right now we're stuck in a biology room, but thats okay for what we are doing right now.