Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carburetor Value

Carburetor Value

I have a Marvel Schebler MA3A carburetor. I don't need it, so I thought I would put it on Barnstormers. But I have no idea of what it is worth. It is all there, but hasn't been on an airplane in at least ten years. Has anyone on here bought a carburetor lately.

Put it on ebay and you'll see exactly what someone is willing to pay for it.

I don't believe Ebay is the best solution for determining what something is worth. The problem I see with Ebay is that your ad is only exposed to the few people who have time to peruse their website. What you are able to sell an item for is reserved for the select few who have time to scan the millions of listings during the short time your item is listed. I myself am far too busy to take time for such shopping. I will find some other method, but thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping someone on here might have some experience with purchasing this specific carburetor. It seems to be somewhat rare compared to the more common MA3SPA. But I don't know if that increases or decreases the price, or affects it at all. I may just keep the danged thing. It is good to have a spare on hand if you need it.

You might want to check with the "Univar" people they may have a price list or even one in stock.

Joe

Aircraft spruce and specialty find the core charge for the carb.

That's about what they are selling for.

Marvel-Schebler folks still answer the phone 855-672-2272. Imagine you're Lt Columbo........ Nice people.
    The journey is the reward.

Ebay shopping

FYI - for those of us who don't have the time to spend hours perusing Ebay, two words - saved searches. These allow you to keep track of new listings using keyword searches of items you are interested in and have the results sent to your email inbox on a daily basis. I get 12 to 15 emails daily showing new listings of items I am interested in without having to search Ebay's site personally. I think the limit is 100 different saved searches.

There is also a similar function for Craig's List, although in my experience it isn't as precise in its searches (I use the delete key a lot more). It is run from a website, CL Genie - http://www.clgenie.com/

Paul

Wink

Wow - and there's me thinking that us women were the shopaholics

Take the next step an tell us what the 10-xxxx number is

Greetings. Please identify the carb by 10-xxxx number from the data plate. This will allow you or me to look in the eligibility list and tell you what exact engine it is approved for. If it's a common carb the core is typically $150-200. If it's something more rare (like the original C85 MS carb) and it has a relatively clean and uncorroded interior it is worth about twice that. I would not advertise it as an airworthy carb. Instead, unless it has the current upgrades to include one of the very new floats and certainly a one piece venturi (except some rare carbs that reverted to the 2 pc venturi when the one piece units ran poorly)..consider it a core.

Quote Originally Posted by iterk View Post
    Greetings. Please identify the carb by 10-xxxx number from the data plate. This will allow you or me to look in the eligibility list and tell you what exact engine it is approved for. If it's a common carb the core is typically $150-200. If it's something more rare (like the original C85 MS carb) and it has a relatively clean and uncorroded interior it is worth about twice that. I would not advertise it as an airworthy carb. Instead, unless it has the current upgrades to include one of the very new floats and certainly a one piece venturi (except some rare carbs that reverted to the 2 pc venturi when the one piece units ran poorly)..consider it a core.
    Never replace a metal float with a plastic one, or replace a 2 piece venturi with a 1 piece if you ever want the carb to run right again.