Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just too dang hot! ya'll....

Just too dang hot! ya'll....

Too hot to be buckin'.
    Welcome to Texas.

Yesterday in Seattle, we hit the highest temperature we've had all year: 87 degrees. It was only one degree less than the record for that date.

On the MINUS side, due to the general mildness of the weather, here, few houses have air conditioning. It was nice at 2,000 feet in my Fly Baby, though...

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Yesterday in Seattle, we hit the highest temperature we've had all year: 87 degrees. It was only one degree less than the record for that date.

On the MINUS side, due to the general mildness of the weather, here, few houses have air conditioning. It was nice at 2,000 feet in my Fly Baby, though...

Ron Wanttaja
    Hi Ron. It got up to just 81, here in Bellingham yesterday. Nice to have the rain back, today.

Will be miserable here in the Tulsa area for a couple more days... might see a bit of a break by week's end. I hope to make some hay soon.

110 today in Alabama, so I took a day off from the Nieuport. Pretty funny that I got some questions on why there was water on some of the parts in pictures up until now - it was sweat that had dripped off of me, of course!

Right now, humidity is about 36%, and has been between 30 and 60% lately...

Phoenix for the next few days:

Right Now 89°
    Forecast Today 115°
    High: 115 Low: 90

Wed
    115 / 90

Thu
    111 / 89

Fri
    110 / 88

Sat
    108 / 87

Sun
    107 / 88

Mon
    108 / 86

As much as I love PHX, and the flying...I have to question my sanity on days like these!

What Smitty failed to mention is that we've (DFW) had something like 55 days already over 100. Most of it seems like it's been over 104. PHX-type lack of humidity would be welcome, but we've been running a tad higher.

I am soooooo close to finishing my Sonex, but the remaining work requires a lot of crawling under the panel. Even with fans, it's no fun. I'm also concerned about the 6061-T6 corroding (I have very corrosive sweat) between the seams since I'm dripping so much.

Cheddar. As in, what I'd like with my whine.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Carl: Now that you are retired, switch to 3rd shift hours...When I went in to work the other night at 2300, the hangar was still about 100F, but down to 82F by 0300. We did a refuel this morning about 0230 and the fuel was still over 95F coming out of the truck.

Craig

Still kinda cool out here.

Current conditions as of 11:51 AM PDT Fair
    Feels Like:105 °FBarometer:29.7 in and fallingHumidity:9 %Visibility:10 miDewpoint:39 °FWind:NE 5 mphUV Index:9UV Description:Very HighSunrise:6:12 AMSunset:7:21 PM112°
    High: 111° Low: 82°

Out here in Colorado, We have highs in the mid-90's but cool down to high 50's at night, nice working at night!!!