Thread: How about Homebuilders Help Forum

How about Homebuilders Help Forum

Would it be possible to have a new forum main subject of "Homebuilders Help" with sub-forums for the different aircraft models? Something like

Homebuilders Help
    --Van's Aircraft
    --Sonex
    --KitFox
    -- etc....

Other aircraft model sub-forums could be added upon request to the EAA web guy.

Wutcha tink?

It has my vote FWIW

Not a bad idea, but their are type specific sites that already have large archives of information that are very useful without duplicating that information.

How about a Directory of Type Specific web sites.

I'm only familiar with <Biplaneforum.com> which already has several years accumulation of information for most of the popular biplanes as well as information applicable to any tube and fabric designs.

There are so many types out there that you'd have WAY too many subforums. I like the idea of pointers to other sites. Also, an ongoing thread for a particular type probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Niel & Any make good points, but maybe consider subforums for some of the more popular ones? OTOH, these probably have the most information out there. I haven't seen a "useful links" area similar to the one on the blue board ( www.PilotsofAmerica.com ). A directory would work well in such a section, while it may well get lost as a thread.

I've been doing support for the Acro Sport designs ever since Ben Owen retired from EAA in January of 1999. I'm not sure how widely known that was or is but I think most of the builders of the Acro Sport Biplanes have found me at the <BiplaneForum.com> site. I'm sure there are those that have not though and if there were a Directory on a central EAA site it would be helpful to those builders seeking information.

I'd love to have this type of forum!
    Kim R Johnson
    Longmont, CO KLMO
    RV-9A

I'm all for it. All homebuilt airplane forums in one spot would be a boon to all builders.