Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power of UL POWER AERO ENGINES ?

Quote Originally Posted by MYR View Post
    Anyway, it is sure that аt above 2700/2900 rpm we are compelled to use little diameter propellers, so it is rather difficult to use the available power, because little propellers don't blow a lot of air around the cowlings.
    Au contraire. Presumably you weren't being literal about the need for blowing air around the cowl, as that is not a meaningful measure of prop performance. In any case, lots of direct drive engines with high RPM's and smaller dia. props do just fine, like the Jabiru's, which perform well on many different airframes.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rshannon View Post
    Au contraire. Presumably you weren't being literal about the need for blowing air around the cowl, as that is not a meaningful measure of prop performance. In any case, lots of direct drive engines with high RPM's and smaller dia. props do just fine, like the Jabiru's, which perform well on many different airframes.

Ron
    The Jabiru 2200, is 80 hp with a propeller speed of 3300 rpm maximum, and a small diameter propeller. In my opinion, the same aircraft with another 80 hp engine that can use larger diameter propellers will have better performances.
    Is there someone, that have used the same aircraft with a Rotax 80 hp and 80 hp Jabiru? If so, please tell the figures.
    I'm a French speaking person. Sorry for the mistakes I can make.

Some news :
    http://hpics.li/b369f0f found there : http://corvus-hungary.com/en/sa_ultr...ram/index.html

UL Power out of program

Due to low performance, technical issues - lack of company support, communication UL Power lost the chance to work with Corvus

After long testings and discussions Corvus has made a decision to revise engine selection for the Fusion.
    In the future the Fusion will be available only with Rotax 912ULS and 912 S engines. Also we will do tests with Rotax iS and Lycoming, Continental engines for our LSA category planes, however this will be only after winter 2012.

Corvus finished cooperation with UL Power officially and we do not offer those engines.
    UL Power, the belgian engine manufacturer did not took our goals seriously and provided zero support for the development. The engine's performance and lack of communication and also the faith in UL Power engines sink to a minimum level.
    A couple of problems, technical issues, lack of good props, lack of the option for hydraulic constant speed prop makes the UL Power less interesting than any other engine.
    I notice :

"low performance"
    "technical issues"

If this is not true, we'll certainly have some explanations from the belgian firm UL POWER AERO ENGINE.
    Last edited by MYR; 12-03-2012 at 01:15 AM.
    I'm a French speaking person. Sorry for the mistakes I can make.

Quote Originally Posted by MYR View Post

I notice :

"low performance"
    "technical issues"

If this is not true, we'll certainly have some explanations from the belgian firm UL POWER AERO ENGINE.
    The press release, from a small time (if not virtually unknown) mfgr. reads as if it came from a non-discriminating, petulant child. What is the point of the release? To attempt to damage UL's rep? If UL Power is so bad, what does it say about the judgment of Corvus which apparently chose UL Power to join Corvus's grand "Program" in the first place? With only the vaguest generalities, a merely vindictive press release from some disappointed builder is surely no reason to conclude that "this" is "true" -- or not.

If I were UL Power, instead of flailing back at this sort of thing, I'd ignore it.

Ron
    Last edited by rshannon; 12-04-2012 at 12:35 AM.