Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Experimenter - The first issue of the new digital magazine is live now!

Love the content. Any chance it might be available in print instead of just digital in the future? I'll take what I can get but personally I dislike reading things on the computer. I would much rather pull out a copy while eating breakfast or when I need some down time in the shop. It also makes it harder to pass along to kids or neighbors that might be getting interested in avation. It would be great if you could have the option of getting either experimental or sport aviation with your eaa membership like it used to be with sport aviation and light sport (or whatever it used to be called). Either that or maybe offer it in print for an extra yearly fee.

Keith

Love it. Am I missing something? I can't seem to download it to save on my iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd copeland View Post
    Love it. Am I missing something? I can't seem to download it to save on my iPad.
    I had to hunt for it - there are some funny little icons across the top, one of them to the right side if you hold your mouse over it 2 more funny little icons appear below it, one of the 2 if you hold your mouse over it text will pop up that says save article (or something like that)

This is one complaint, change the icons to something that is recognizable, like a image of a floppy disk like most programs use for "save"

Excellent. I'll be looking forward to this every month!
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

enjoyed the magazine.

you should do an article on Dick Butler's Concordia. It doesn't get much more experimental than that...

http://soaringcafe.com/2011/01/concordia-supersegler/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    Devoured! Nice work.

One suggestion. You can safely delete the "Flightline" section. It seems that almost every aviation magazine covers the same dozen or so news stories. If I were editing Experimenter, I wouldn't bother covering them yet again. I had already seen every item on those two pages.
    I suspect it's a "freebie" section...all the writing and formating are done for other publications, and it's easy to bring in. A suggestion might be to move it to the end, rather than the beginning.

But good job, Chad and Mary...really enjoyed it!

Ron Wanttaja

I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet, but did "page" through it. Looks very nice indeed. And I was very happy to see that it didn't use up very much of my meager satellite internet download limit either! That's definitely a bonus! I'm going to try to get a chance to read it thoroughly this weekend. Looking forward to it!!
    Cheers!

Joe

Let's not forget to thank Pat Panzera for all his work on the previous version of The Experimenter.

Way to go Pat!

To follow up on my initial comments, I am very impressed with this first issue of Experimenter though sad that such content is not already at the heart of the paper SPORT AVIATION. I was going to point out the issue with saving a PDF file when viewing from a mobile device (iPad), but I see that Mike Switzer has already pointed out a solution so I'll try that.

One question...will there be a section for letters from readers in upcoming issues? If so, I'll get to work on mine as I loved the article on classic homebuilts celebrating 50 years in the sky but you forgot one near and dear to my heart which. like the Thorpe T-18, celebrates it's 50th anniversary in 2013....Eric Clutton's FRED!

cluttonfred.info
    www.facebook.com/cluttonfred

Name:  6393861931_93395c4d61_b.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  94.7 KB
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Like Todd, I still can't seem to download it to my iPad. I think Mike's success is while using a computer, not a mobile device, which shows a different interface. If there is no way to do so from the mobile interface, it would be handy to include a direct link to the PDF in the issue announcement email.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft