Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSA at SMALL AIRPORTS, Detaining Senators in Small PRIVATE PLANES

Vero Beach, Rather Be In Turks & Caicos, Bermuda, South Pacific

Angry TSA at Clearwater AIRPORT, Detained Senator Ron Paul in his PRIVATE PLANE

REMEMBER WHEN FLYING WAS FREEDOM DEFINED? The Hijacked Government HATES our freedom.

TSA Harasses Ron Paul and His Wife in Florida At SMALL AIRPORT at PRIVATE PLANE On departing the RNC in Tampa , A group of TSA agents attempted to stop Texas Congressman Ron Paul and his family from boarding their private plane at a small airport

(These are criminal Thugs and now They do whatever they want to do. It will take EAA, AOPA, and more to get rid of them TIME IS SHORT, If people don't wake up its gonna be too late)

TSA Caught In Huge Power Grab This is nothing but a power grab, as the public are conditioned to put up with any command no matter how mindless.

Video Shows TSA’s Bizarre New Security Policy Federal agency tests drinks purchased inside airport.

Whistleblower: TSA Deliberately Hiring Psychopathic Criminals

Our airports look like prisons - Air Facts Journal Here's a frightening suggestion for your next cross-country flight: compare a federal prison and an airport from 3,000 feet and see if you can tell a difference.
    Last edited by Pilot; 09-04-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Nitpickers Pounced on use of plural

You have a better chance of dying..............FROM A BEE.... than being killed by a TERRORIST. Look that up if you are okay with TSA coming to your airport with minimum wage morons to grab your teen girl's genitals and take photos of your wife naked. and put their hands down your pants, and swab your drink.

This was at a county airport?? Was there a TFR in place?

And FYI most body scanners are fully automated now,

They do need stopped.

Your headline may be slightly off, ie "senators", "planes" , whereas when I read it was one senator in one plane, if the report is true.
    I used Google to look this up and could only find reports from very right wing small origanizations, which have an obvious bias.
    I saw nothing on CNN , NBC, etc.
    Do you have any source from a mainstream newspaper or tv outlet?

I like some of the things Ron Paul says, and I am no fan of TSA. What an incredible and unfocused waste of taxpayer money.
    I flew the airline round trip this weekend, and I don't go through their x ray machines either. I think it is wrong to be taking naked pictures of people, especially teenage girls, but most of all I don't trust their claim that the machines are not harmful. I used to know a man who worked at TSA and he told me they don't go through the machines and don't stand right near them when they are on.
    Who knows if a few years down the road it is found out that they are harmful?
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-04-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Yes this is what happens when we let fear and emotion take over the thought process. The reality of the 9/11 attack was to whip-up public support for a bill that reduced the very liberties we value. History will not treat the "Patriot Act" kindly. As a country we took pride in taking the high road regarding POW's, it was always the bad guys who beat and abused prisoners, no longer the case these days. The TSA, like most Federal Agencies started out with a needed purpose, but a decade has passed and it takes on a life of its' own. Like most ideas, if taken to the extreme becomes absurd. Remember when we had a leader who said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"? Getting angry isn't going to fix this, go to your congressmen's town meeting and let him know how you feel. The Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street both started out through anger and both have been co-opted by the political parties. Individual politicians will take note if confronted eye-to-eye by their voters. Don't get mad, participate in the democratic process!

Joe

Joe, it doesn't hurt to go to a meeting and express your view to a Congressman, but the fact is that most of them couldn't care less what the average person thinks.
    Money talks, if fact it screams in politics.
    If you have a big reelection donation or a potential business connection, then they might listen to you.

According to Ron Paul's former chief of staff and Washington Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Your headline may be slightly off, ie "senators", "planes" , whereas when I read it was one senator in one plane, if the report is true.
    I used Google to look this up and could only find reports from very right wing small origanizations, which have an obvious bias.
    I saw nothing on CNN , NBC, etc.
    Do you have any source from a mainstream newspaper or tv outlet?
    Is the Washington Times mainstream enough? The story came from Paul's former chief of staff.
    http://communities.washingtontimes.c...mily-and-aids/

Bill, I'm having a tough time trying to edit that headline in the system. Sorry I didn't know it was a "Headline" that's the way I have heard people talk
    "Look what the TSA is doing - Now they are hassling old Congressmen in their own airplanes at tiny airports." Just a colloquailism.
    I will be more clear next time.
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 09-04-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Fixed quote.

Quote Originally Posted by VanDervort View Post
    This was at a county airport?? Was there a TFR in place?

And FYI most body scanners are fully automated now,

They do need stopped.
    According to Air Nav the City owns it not the County
    Ownership: Publicly-owned
    Owner: CITY OF CLEARWATER
    P.O. BOX 4748, ATTN; MARINE DEPARTMENT
    CLEARWATER, FL 33758-4748
    Phone 727-462-6954
    CONTACT PERSON: WILLIAM MORRIS 727-462-6954

I don't understand what you mean by FYI most body scanners are fully automated.
    Did they used to be hand-cranked or something?

[QUOTE=Pilot;22309]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    Is the Washington Times mainstream enough?
    It would be... IF the story came from the Washington Times. It apparently did not. Note this disclaimer on the web page that you linked to:

"This is the Communities at WashingtonTimes.com. Individual contributors are responsible for their content, which is not edited by The Washington Times ." (emphasis added)

Ron Wanttaja

I would not consider the Washington Times a mainstream news source, from what I know about it. I think it is more slanted and has more of an ax to grind than even Fox news.
    Just looked up the Times for today and one of the headlines is "new Obama slogan has long ties to Marxism". Not exactly a rational view of news even if you don't like a candidate or a party.
    And seeing that apparently this Paul report is not from a news source like the Associated Press, but really rather a press release from a political source which is Ron Paul's staff member.

We need to be very careful of the facts, when we take a position on something, or beleive some report or claim that seems a ways out of norm.

If this happened in Florida, where is the story from the Miami Herald or even the local Clearwater paper or wherever this was? How about a national source like USA Today or CNN or CBS?

And, by the way, I am no fan of TSA and with a little more confirmation I could beleive most anything about them.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-04-2012 at 12:32 PM.