Learning has become a challenge. Rather finding instruction is. Its not impossible to learn to train in a single seat airplane, but many do not agree.This is Not acceptable to many. I think it is. We are back to where it began with out the two seat trainers.There are some who will instruct from the sideline but are very rare. I found such a CFI. I was instructed and I have completed flight training to solo.
There is no real reason why my flight training can not continue in the aircraft I built. We have found two place training is available in other aircraft if I need it. The U/L is still very appealing to many including myself. Its a shame to let the nay sayers end the era. I not only learned to fly the plane, I designed and built the plane and did the initial testing.Then I handed the plane over to an experience pilot for complete test, after which I was instructed in steps. For U/L planes that are well known this is not as much of a challenge.
I am not finished learning and probably never will be, but at this time I can still continue increasing my knowledge with safety in mind. It is very rewarding to have accomplished the goal with so many closed doors. The will to fly and years of flight simulator time helped. I now have the actual flight time. Flight simulation falls to far from the tree but still spawned a pilot. Wish they put that wind turbulence in there.