Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Christen Eagle/ acro planes

Christen eagle

Well, I'm not an expert, I'm a mechanical engineer, my father and I have worked in some small projects: we rebuilded a quicksilver MX, a crashed quad city challenger, and painted another one... I have around 50 hours of flight in the challenger that we rebuild and that's it... and I have been designing and building RC models since I was 13 (now I'm 30.. ). I want to get into aerobatics, and I'm going to start with my private pilot license in January, so I get it ready with and acro course at the same time I finish the project... (5 years I think...)

So I want a plane that let me get into the acro world and take it seriously, probably be able to get into the advance category or more... I feel that is a big project, so I want a plane that can give me a lot of years of fun!!

I would like it to be a two place, but the far I would like to invest is around $30-$35k...

And sadly I don't have any EAA chapter next to me, I'm in costa rica

Thanks everybody!!!

I hear from friends that Costa Rica is a very nice place to vacation for Americans. Sounds like you need to vacation up here as often as you can.

So it looks like if you are interested in building a biplane, you can talk to the Steene Aero folks in Florida, http://www.steenaero.com/
    If you might think about 2 seat monoplanes you might look at the York Enterprises Lazer Z-2300 or the DR-109. I know nothing about the Z-2300 but I have seen an acquaintances DR-109. Based on his comments and a leisurely walk around his airplane, the DR-109 looks like a pretty good aircraft with a 6 cylinder engine in it.

Since you are an engineer you can take a look at the plans and figure out whether the construction and performance numbers make engineering sense and whether the airplanes will work with the skills you can build and the airports that you will operate from.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Christen eagle

Thanks a lot for your inputs Wes, whenever you want to come here you are welcome, so I could be your tourist guide and maybe we can take a ride in our challenger . And that is true, I have to save some money and go up there, I'm pretty sure that I would learn a lot sharing with some EAA chapter. The DR109 is a very nice airplane, It is another one that I'm going to investigate...

Thanks a lot!!

Esteve.

Check the ads in Barnstormers.com, under Experimental and you will see a wide variety of partially finished kits for sale. There are Christian Eagles on there also. They are generally 200 hp with a constant speed prop.