Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What are you Building?

I am plans building a Sonex. Now taking cash offers for underachieving family members to finance a Jabiru 3300. Like Turbomallard, first flight shoud happen in the mid to late 40's.

I am (still) building an 82% scale F4U Corsair. I had to get new knees, so I have not made much progress in the last few years. I'm getting back into it now.

Name:  Oshkosh '02.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  48.7 KB Name:  image 3.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  70.1 KB New "Struts".

By the way, I painted it to look battle worn.
    Last edited by corsair82pilot; 01-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Scratch building a Bearhawk. Just getting started in earnest after holding plans for a number of years. Working on the routing jigs for getting the wing ribs cut/shaped, and hope to start tracing and cutting aluminum next weekend!

I am also building a Sonex. Started the tail in May 2011 and finished that about 6 months later. Now working on the wings.

Build log at http://chicagoskydreams.com/Chicago_...Build_Log.html

It will be a taildragger and most likely powered by an AeroVee, unless I suddenly fall into a pile of cash and can afford the Jabiru....

No timeline for completion - just enjoying the build and trying to still have a lot of good family time also.
    Robbie Culver
    Sonex #1517
    Taildragger
    AeroVee
    Currently working on the wings
    Chicagoland

Not mine, but helping a friend finish a RV-4 project. Hope to have it flying this summer

It's just one dam job after another

Brian C.
    Sport Air Racing League http://www.sportairrace.org/
    Race 155

Guys just got back from Canada, yep bought a WS202 project started by Bill Donig also saw the one from Bill Spring -Sweet. Anyway I've seen all the stuff from "Sprintus1", Rabin5, Palani, and Max - ALL VERY NICE WORK GUYS. I will not start mine till after 9-1-12 because of two other builds we are finishing up for Oshkosh 2012.. Pictures and info will be provided after that time..Greg

My dad gave me his unfinished Varieze project last fall. It's stored in his workshop in Arizona, where it has been for about 20 years. I plan to retire this year, so I'll bring it out to Virginia, where I have a great workshop and all the tools I need, and finish it. It is about 80% complete...only 80% to go. All glasswork has been completed (except filler, primer, and paint), but will probably need some adjustments (probably remove the leading edge cuffs), all metalwork has been done to spec and is in good shape. He has a core Subaru engine he was going to put in it, but I haven't decided yet which engine I will use. Comes with a set of legit original plans and a pile of newsletters. Looking forward to getting it out here and spending some time (and money) with it and getting more active in EAA.

not really building, but am in the middle of restoring my wife's Cherokee II Sailplane. We recovered mine a few years ago. http://cherokeesailplanes.blogspot.com

IMHO, a full on restoration is building times two - repairing stuff always seems to be more difficult than making stuff.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

I am involved in building a Bleriot 11 type full scale(1:1) airworthy aircraft and also a 1/10th scale model of the same aircraft.
    Last edited by JohnReid; 01-26-2012 at 07:32 AM.