Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Building?

I am building the Sprint ws202. Pictures of original plane on the net. This is a 2 place low wing all aluminum plans built. Does anyone know of another bulder of this plane. The wings minus ailerons, fuselage, tail feathers are pretty much done. Corvair engine will be installed 1st quarter 2012.Name:  shiny.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  91.8 KB
    Last edited by SprintUS1; 11-21-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Sprint ws202

I also discovered the Sprint WS-202 by accident, while dreaming of a 2-place Hummel and I also have a Corvair engine just begging to be rebuilt. Where did you get your plans from? thanks Greg
    Last edited by lepinegm; 11-22-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Sprint WS-202

Sprintus1 e-mail meat lepinegm@comcast.net, I need a setof plans for the WS202. Yours looks great.

There is no support for this plane. The Designer, Bill Spring, decided not to support this plane 8 years ago. I am working off the 11x17 study plans I bought from a Canadian. Final plans were never offered There are plans out there and no one is building the plane other then an Austrailian, Max, bought Palani' project http://lpalani.tripod.com/ and me. Bill Donig in Canada bought Bill Springs Sprint and that is it. You would have to make every part. While I agree it is a great plane and I am glad I started it 6 years ago, no one flew a Sprint in 5 years. 2012 will have me and Bill flying. Unless I find this flies great I would caution you to start. But yea, it is a great looking plane and thanks.
    Joe Goldman Sprint N198JL

Sprint WS-202

Other then getting a set of Hummel or RV-6 plans and modifyingthem I really have no problem making a new design and ALL the PARTS other thentime. On the other hand if I can buy a copy of your stuff and if you could putme in contact with Bill - I could save some time. But a build is a build and thistakes time; I'm not planning on entering it any contests so I don't see myselfas competition, I just want to build that one too. I was even considering on a 5/8’sscale F4U Corsair out of metal how’s that for ambition.. This WS-202 will bemuch simpler and I’ll be in the air with MY OWN instead of renting. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.Greg lepinegm@comcast.net

Greg,
    Did you see Palani build.
    I was a newbe to building. I thought with, it seemed, about 10 people building and the list on Yahoo (long gone) I would get help and learn from others. It did not happen, but I continued. The plans are good and detailed with a few errors. You are given xyz cooridinates for ribs, bulkheads. The wing was no problem. The bulkheads were a little off so the skins were cut over size from the plans and then trimmed. The landing gear,pain, are reversable for tail or tri. I don' worry about competition. My plane will look good and strong, but not a show plane. I would like to see other Sprints so I will see if I can find someone to sell you their plans. Other then copying a page or two. I won't sell or give my plans. As for parts the ones I have left are the bad ones that have to be made over. I believe that I have made two bad copies for every one that is good. Happy thanksgiving, Joe.

Sprint Ws202

I am building a Sprint Ws202 in Marburg Australia got with some parts done have been workinh on fulage pic on web page

http://max.utilises.us/
    would like to exchange ideas
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by SprintUS1 View Post
    I am building the Sprint ws202. Pictures of original plane on the net. This is a 2 place low wing all aluminum plans built. Does anyone know of another bulder of this plane. The wings minus ailerons, fuselage, tail feathers are pretty much done. Corvair engine will be installed 1st quarter 2012.Name:  shiny.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  91.8 KB

Max, Great work looks very true I am impressed. Are you going for tail or trigear. I am working on the tri gear now. Finished the nose gear, but it is a little tight. Yes that means I am still working on it. My main gear, has most of the parts finished (still a little welding to do) and I have started to install. Whatever help I or Bill Donig can offer just ask. Bill has the original and if you need a measurement or 2 just ask. I probably won"t go with plans canopy. A simpler one like the zenair 601s have looks buildable. http://www.toddscanopies.com/index.php?id=162
    Joe Goldman
    Sprint 198JL
    2012 or bust.

Jag-2 & jag-4

I'm building a 2 seat twin engine JAG-2. My own design which started life as a RV-6A.

I'm also building a 4 seat twin engine JAG-4. My own design but is basically a twin engine Cozy MKIV.

Both can be seen at www.homebuiltdirectory.com. The JAG-2 is listed under Original "one-off" designs and the JAG-4 is listed under Cozy for now. I will eventually move that to the Original "one-off" designs category also.

Jim

Sprint Ws202

Joe I am having the try gear my gear is all finnish front leg cant go on untill I am ready to take it off stand will sheet main wing first then will work on tail dont know wether I will be able to complete tail on stand hope so. Thanks for your offer of help I will take you up on that down the track but up to now have enjoyed this entire project just hope it is up to standed it has been trying at times with out any support

Max