Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EAA Staff

Big Grin Plans address

Quote Originally Posted by conodeuce View Post
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1710
Size:  11.0 KB

As mentioned in another thread, my ten-year-old son and I are building an Acey Deucy, which is sort of like a two-hole Baby Ace. We're constructing ribs now. I had no idea that cut spruce smelled so good.

To see a recent example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b61PlJsQ9HI
    Note that this particular 'Deuce was damaged at last spring's Sun 'n Fun. The builder, Ed Marerro, is making good progress on the repairs. He hopes to be flying next year.

When the designer of the Acey Deucy, Commander John Powell, passed away in 2008, new plan sets were no longer available. My set was one of the last to be issued by the late Commander -- it was a delight to speak with this fascinating veteran of various Pacific battles of WWII. Fortunately, his widow, Peg Powell, is now offering them for sale again for fifty bucks. Let me know if you would like her mailing address.
    Would you happen to have Peg's address? Looks like a fun flyer!

Re: Acey Deucy Plans Source .... I've updated my original posting (page 6 in this thread). But, for convenience, here is the mailing address for Commander Powell's widow, who is now providing the plans:

Plans are available for $55 ($50 for plans, $5 for postage) . Send check made out to Peg C. Powell at 4 Donald Drive, Middletown, Rhode Island 02840