Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sport Aviation Magazine

After nine years of building I expected to see the pic of my plane on the front page of the NY Times - or at the minimum on the front page of Sport Aviation. LOL
    Thanks and keep in mind - we are first and foremost BUILDERS then we are fliers.
    That's your opinion. My take is that after my design and build is complete, the only place I expect to see my airplane is in the air and in a hangar. Anything else is just gravy. I don't have a sense of entitlement that my design will be worthy of the front page of Sport Aviation or Kitplanes.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    I expect to see my airplane is in the air and in a hangar. Anything else is just gravy.
    In the hanger between the Wright Flyer and the Space shuttle! When you get there you will be just as proud!

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    Experimenter digital magazine ? Do we get a sneak peak?
    No sneak peeks! That would ruin the suspense! The issue went to "press" yesterday and should be out to all Experimenter subscribers within the next week or so. If you haven't subscribed, it's free to all, sign up here-http://www.eaa.org/experimenter/
    Last edited by Chad Jensen; 08-30-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

mmcgrew

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    That's your opinion. My take is that after my design and build is complete, the only place I expect to see my airplane is in the air and in a hangar. Anything else is just gravy. I don't have a sense of entitlement that my design will be worthy of the front page of Sport Aviation or Kitplanes.
    Why the rude attack. Did you not see the LOL (joke)
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    In the hanger between the Wright Flyer and the Space shuttle! When you get there you will be just as proud!
    Eh....if it flies and is safe, I don't give the north end of a southbound rat whether it is a landmark or wins awards. It's a means to an end so far as getting myself an aircraft that meets my needs and serves as a proof of concept for my research.

Why the rude attack. Did you not see the LOL (joke)
    Oops, I didn't notice the LOL so you have my apologies. No offense or attack intended at all. It was simply pointing out that not all of us share that line of thinking as I know a lot of folks who think like that.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    No sneak peeks! That would ruin the suspense! The issue went to "press" yesterday and should be out to all Experimenter subscribers within the next week or so. If you haven't subscribed, it's free to all, sign up here-http://www.eaa.org/experimenter/
    Chad, are we subscribed if we were receiving the "old" Experimenter?

CavalierJim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

You sure are Jim!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Nelson View Post
    Hi Falcon21-
    The August issue would have shipped at the end of July. So depending on when you joined in July, you likely didn't make it onto the membership list prior to that list going to the printer for labeling and mailing. The September issue mailed today, so you should receive it soon. I'll happily drop a copy of the August issue in the mail to you tomorrow if someone from membership hasn't already handled it for you. Just let me know.
    I contacted membership and they were kind enough to send me the July and August issues, I now have them sitting on my desk. They also verified my address for me.