Last year the FAA held a meeting with some of the leading folks in the EAA field.

The FAA says that records show that the accident rate for amateur built type airplanes are 600 to 800 % higher than for all gen av accidents.

Now, some if not most of many on this forum may want to argue with these facts or even propose that the FAA should direct their attention elsewhere, and leave us alone.
I hope not,, I hope that our primary reaction is better than that.

I just wrote above, that the facts are that the accident rate for homebuilts is 6 to 8 times higher than all gen av, according to FAA.

That should be a red light to pilots and builders and make us determined to do better. The first step in
improving a problem is to discover and recognize the problem, and not ignore or wish it away.

At this point I don't have any more real info. For instance, I would really like to know fatal accident rates, as I think that is more significant. I'd like to know the details of the categories of causes. The Nall reports from AOPA give these for gen av, but not broken down for EAA types.

Whatever the details, lets all try to be safety concious, and to share with our other pilots, even if sometimes they don't want to hear it.