Thread: Chapter Brochures

Chapter Brochures

Several EAA Chapters have sent me PDF versions of their Chapter Brochures. Most are very nicely done. Question....does your chapter have a brochure? If so, how do you use it? Where do you place them?

We are considering offering a template for Chapters that they can download and customize...then have printed at a local print shop.

Looking forward to your suggestions and feedback!

Thanks!

Trevor, I had contacted chapters last year and was told there was not a template - I felt that it was a missed opportunity as having a common message and graphic is vital to the organization. I would love to have a chapter 3 fold and have started a publisher doc for one but ran into what is the National message content? We put our brochure on hold and it has not been picked up since.

My chapter has about 60 members on paper but only 4-6 that are doing any chapter work and most of them are also juggling work and family commitments. Having a template would be AWESOME.

Let me know what I can do to support the project.
    BTW - was the yellow and brown color theme voted on ??

Oh, forgot to note _ service - we would place brochure stands at local airports, aviation museum, Golden West fly-in, our youth outreach events and an introduction piece for the chapter - used by all members. A business card is too small for any real content.

Trevor,
    My Chapter, 272 of Duluth MN./ Superior WI. has been using a trifold brochure since about 2003 with acceptable results. I left some at OSH during the first leadership academy I attended. That may have been too long ago for a copy to have survived, and it is in need of an update, but I can forward a scan. We have had a good relationship with a local printing company, and if you wish I will look into working out a relationship for other chapters. Jeff Skiles is visiting 272 on Tuesday, so I will try to get some basic info before then.
    Alan White

Hi Trevor,
    EAA Chapter 2 also uses a trifold brochure to promote our chapter and the programs we support. I will e-mail you a copy. We have them available at chapter events like our fly-ins, Young Eagle rallies, etc. The chapter executives also have business cards that contain our chapter web address and direct contact info.
    Kevin Stahl
    Webmaster - EAA Chapter 2
    www.eaa2.org

My chapter uses both a tri-fold brochure and a business card. We put out the brochures at various events, YE rallies, as well as handing them out to guests at our chapter meetings. The business cards are very handy, because they are small enough to carry around in a wallet. We ordered 1000 online for around $50, and we encourage every member to carry a couple in their wallets to hand out to people during chance encounters with prospective members. We started doing this a couple of years ago, and while I don't have any hard data on how many new members we've signed up, I know from anecdotal evidence that they have been effective.

Trevor- I'll email both of these to you.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Thank you! Excellent to hear that many of you have brochures. Jeff Point at Chapter 18 in Milwaukee sent me a copy of his brochure. Also, I have a copy of the chapter business card.. I am really impressed with this card....directions on the back to easily find their Chapter meeting place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tri-fold Brochure

Hi All-

We have a one sheet that tells a little about the chapter and our activities, but having a brochure would be great.
    Jeff, Jim & Alan: Could you please email me your brochures and the name of the program you used to create them?

Thanks!

Jim Bremer
    Chapter 157
    Redding, CA

kk6mm@aol.com

We don't have a brochure, but we did have some cards made up. These are really easy to leave in FBOs, at fly ins or just carry a few around in your flight bag. I've handed out several in the past couple of years. It is unclear whether they have made a big difference, but you never know when someone might stumble across that card and decide to come check us out.

While we do not have brochures, our newsletter serves to inform people of our meeting times, upcoming events and the types of activities we are involved in. Not only do we print a fair number of extra newsletters each month for the purpose of handing them around, we also make the electronic copy (PDF) available on our chapter web site for anyone that might like to read it.

Name:  EAA Card.JPG
Views: 534
Size:  59.5 KB

Name:  Chapter_ 52_ card face_jog.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  chapter_ 52_cardback_jpg.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  26.7 KB