Thread: Push for Lifetime Members?

Push for Lifetime Members?

Recently, I recieved two solicitaions to become an EAA Lifetime member. Not that I mind, because I've been considering becoming a lifetime member for the last year or so, but this is the first time I remember receiving solicitation letters or e-mails. Is this a new thing, or is it something that has been going on for a while and I just wasn't paying attention?
    Last edited by Kyle Boatright; 01-08-2013 at 09:25 PM.

You must be special, Kyle. No such mailings on this side.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

My wife & I are lifetime members. If you take into consideration the annual membership dues and the fact that we go to OSH every year and attend the lifetime members' banquet, each with a guest, for a "free" meal, we are actually way ahead on cost.
    Before "buying in" we did take our age(s) into consideration.

back in '73 or so, i considered lifetime membership. but after seeing how OLD the members were, decided it would be a waste of 300 bucks because the organization would be dead in five years. too soon old too late smart.

I've been a member for over 30 years and have never gotten a lifetime membership solicitation. Just one of the hoi polloi, I guess.
    Bill

What's the current price for a lifetime membership?

I think it is $999 for an EAA lifetime, and a similar amount, I think if you also want a division lifetime.
    I was told I get $10 credit for each year of some part of the time that I have been a member, not sure of the details of that.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-10-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmurphy View Post
    What's the current price for a lifetime membership?
    I remember $1k, but it may be $995 as Bill stated. I think one of my "offers" gave a slight discount, and the other gave payment options over a couple of years...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Recently, I recieved two solicitaions to become an EAA Lifetime member.
    but this is the first time I remember receiving solicitation letters or e-mails. Is this a new thing, or is it something that has been going on for a while and I just wasn't paying attention?
    I received a mail application for a lifetime membership about 3 wks ago. Last week I received an email advertising life memberships. So that's 2 in one month, have never received anything like that in my previous 32 yrs of membership. Don't know if that would be defined as a 'push' or not. Perhaps it was an attempt to raise revenue by a previous president that is just now being implemented.

A five year membership with substantial discount might be worth doing.
    I would never buy a lifetime membership. Can't quit.
    Quiting is the only practical way to vote at EAA.