Thread: Air Shows

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Air Shows

More is not necessarily better. More money will not make a "better" organization.
    What do you want? Young eagles is a noble cause. Should it be the mission of the EAA?
    It should be every aviators mission to spread the gosple but does it diverge from the core mission of the EAA?
    Do you want a fly in or an air show? Ponder the difference. An air show is a performance of aerial feats meant to amaze and entertain the non aviation types. They pay the gate. A fly in is a gathering of aviators who meet to share kinship, inspiration, knowlwdge, education, and comaraderie. don't make much money.
    In recent history it seems to me the air show is taking over what we used to call a fly in. Sun-N-Fun and "AIRVENTURE" (damn I hate that name) being the main examples.
    Now at SNF the close the area where the planes are parked at noon for the airshow. The main reason to attend a fly in is to look at the visiting planes... here we have an air show preempting a fly in. Do you wonder why show plane attendance is waning?
    Decide what you want in your organization. I think it starts with a simple question, are we a fly in organization or an air show organization. I think some of you will get my point. Most won't.
    But remember the first word in EAA is Experimental.
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 11-07-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Split from the thread about the CEO's resignation.