Thread: First Timer 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Timer 2013

I am finally going to make it to Oshkosh, I will be able to tick it off my "bucket list".

My wife and I have booked an RV for the week and I was wondering if someone could tell me when the bookings for the Camp Ground will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie KT View Post
    I am finally going to make it to Oshkosh, I will be able to tick it off my "bucket list".

My wife and I have booked an RV for the week and I was wondering if someone could tell me when the bookings for the Camp Ground will be available?
    Camp Scholler usually starts taking reservations in early June. However, you have to start paying the first day you reserve a site. You can also prepay online when reservations open. With that said, you don't have to make a reservation or pay until the day you arrive. You just won't know how close to the gate you'll be in the camp. Some people actually prefer to camp in the outlying areas just for the quiet. The other consideration is if you want water/electric hookups or the ability to run your generator 24 hours. There are separate areas of the camp for those. The docs on the web site do a pretty good job of describing the options.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

I camped in Scholler this year and although we were in the outer area, we were close walking distance to one of the new bath houses and bus stop, so it worked out great.

Thanks for the replies.

First Timer

2012 this was my first time and had a GREAT TIME we rented a Trailer. If you like to be cool all the time go for the water and electricity area. yes it is a little more. I am from Galveston, Texas and we like it cool but I figured that the cost for the water and electricity area are about the same as renting a generator and of course to run the Gen you have to buy gas.
    So if I get to go and God I hope so in 2013 I will be in the camp Scholar area with water and electricity and near a wi-fi hot spot....Good luck and best wishes.......

I have camped in both the regular Scholler sites and the water/electric sites. The water/electric sites are first come/first served and have traditionally been all gone by the Friday before the show opens. IMO, being close to the bus stops and the showers is more important than being close to the gate...making any site south of Elm and close to Stitts quite nice...

Regards

First Timer
    I think I can help. Watch the web page for opening day in camp scholler{june}. There will be plenty of info on procedures for camping and what area you wish to camp in. Also when you arrive if you let one of the ramp volunteers know this is your first time someone will help guide you. Also time permitting someone will help guide you to a site. If all else fails look for the yellow volkswagon the says camp scholler, and I would happy to help.
    Ken

Welcome, glad to hear you & your wife can make the trek. I think you will have a great time.

Thanks everyone. We have booked our tickets and a campsite. Getting excited can't wait.

That is planning ahead.