Thread: buying an experimental

buying an experimental

I am considering buying an avid flyer lv. It is n numbered. It also qualifies as lsa accorting to stat sheet. Is it possible to fly this plane as lsa or is it a registered plane and needs to be treated as a regular plane? I know that some older planes are lsa elegable as lsa. would this be possible also? I would really like to buy one of these planes while I contemplate building one of my own. Just don't want to buy if it will not be possible to fly it. Thanks Dan

I believe that any certificated or experimental aircraft that satisfies all of the LSA criteria can be flown as an LSA by a sport pilot or a private pilot using a drivers license in lieu of an FAA medical. The FAA and/or AOPA has a list of models that qualify.
    Bill

Bill's correct. Here's the complete details: http://www.sportpilot.org/learn/fina..._synopsis.html
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I read the rule about elsa thet need to be regestered before 1/1/2008.  Was not sure what aircraft this apolied to.  The link explained that.  Thanks for the replys.