In looking at some of the flying at Oshkosh, I noticed that large volume of smoke, particularly from some planes like Aeroshell and on some still moist days.

I wonder what the health aspects of breathing this oil are on people. I've never seen anything on this or any studies of it, but I doubt if it is good for us. As I understand it, corvus oil is just as thin petroleum oil, so the fumes probably have the same harmful effects as any such oil. If it is not good for fish to have oil dumped it the Gulf, how bad is it for people? Normal engine oil has warnings with it that it is harmful and should not be on your skin for long exposure. And many oils,like regular cooking oil become carcogenic if they are heated enough to smoke. I wonder if corvus oil is heated in the exhaust?

Does anyone have any studies on this? That is facts, not just opinions?
It seems strange that the EPA goes after exhaust from even lawnmowers, and gas fumes when you pump at the service station, but not this as far as I know.

Is there any other substance used as smoke oil besides corvus? And is there some no harmful substitue that could be used?
What so skywriter planes use?

I am sure someone will say that smoke oil has been used for years in airshows, therefore must be safe. I doubt it. For years, for decades, tobacco smoking went on, even indoors and in cars and around kids, but we now know how harmful it was and is.
I could watch an airshow act without the smoke just as well.