Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Threat from eaa

Banned
    Aaron:

I have a challenge for you borne out of nothing more than personal desire and out-of-the-box self interest. I'd like you to take your well-crafted analogy and real world apply it to formally proposing that The Ninety-Nines accept male membership. If you could make the attempt you will have cemented your rock star status here with me.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverJ3Cub View Post

Boy am I getting sick of the anti-EAA sentiment all over the boards here. I respect you, Bill, but you have to realize that organizations change over time. If you and others are looking for an association that caters solely to wood and fabric scratch builders and the "good 'ol days," then go find another world. Honestly. Aviation is bigger than all that. So is AirVenture. Did you expect EAA to ignore the Lancair builders? What about Vintage, I haven't heard anyone complaining that those aren't homebuilts....

If you hate the EAA that much, then just ignore them, save yourself the trouble, and go find or start another organization. Helpful comments/criticism and even complaints are fine, but this is getting out of hand, don't you guys think?
    Typical "fanboy" response right there. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Aaron:

I have a challenge for you borne out of nothing more than personal desire and out-of-the-box self interest. I'd like you to take your well-crafted analogy and real world apply it to formally proposing that The Ninety-Nines accept male membership. If you could make the attempt you will have cemented your rock star status here with me.
    Haha no thanks, why would I want to ruin a good thing? They are an excellent example of an organization that "stayed on task" and did not change their focus for the sake of growth, but instead grew the organization by spreading interest in it and getting more women involved in aviation. For an organization much older than the EAA, my hats are off to them.
    -Aaron

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Novak View Post
    Haha no thanks, why would I want to ruin a good thing? They are an excellent example of an organization that "stayed on task" and did not change their focus for the sake of growth, but instead grew the organization by spreading interest in it and getting more women involved in aviation. For an organization much older than the EAA, my hats are off to them.
    -Aaron

Spot on Aaron! This is why women should rule the world. There would be far less wars, less conflict, less aggression, more nurturing, more conciliation, far more intelligence and common sense, less testosterone filled nonsense and much much more harmony and love. "Kumba ya" my fellow advocates.

Still......it would be great to be able to join them.

Banned

Thumbs Down

I let my membership lapse and got renewal notices for 4 years until I asked them to please stop. If you know me, you'll appreciate that irony. While on staff for EAA I was tasked with pulling your renewal notices out of the database. It may have changed, but as of February 2008 you got 14 per year, email and paper. Join EAA, get 12 magazines and 14 renewal notices.

Aaron and my fellow CCC members: I hate to say this, but I think it's time to start another CCC.
    *** Life is Lead Points and Habit Patterns ***

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    With respect to the number of renewal notices, I talked to Chris, our Membership Marketing Coordinator, and this is the summary she provided for me:

Here is our current renewal schedule:

1. Email Renewal #1 (actually isn’t a renewal, but encourages AutoPilot) – 4.5 mo from expire
    2. Mailed Renewal #1 - 4 mo from expire
    3. Mailed Renewal #2 – 3 mo from expire
    4. Mailed Renewal #3 - 2 mo from expire
    5. Mailed Renewal #4 – 1 mo from expire
    6. Email Renewal #2 – 20 days from expire
    7. Mailed Renewal #5 – At expire (End of month, for instance August 30th for August expires)
    8. Email Renewal #3 – Just prior to grace period cut-off (For instance, August expires are considered lapsed the 7th of September)
    9. Mailed Renewal #6 – 1 mo after expire
    10. Phone call – 2 mo after expire

Follow-up schedule:

Once the person has lapsed; two months after the phone call …Expired members will receive an invitation 4 times a year until and unless they let us know they prefer not to receive the invites anymore.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I'll never be threatened..........I'm a Lifetime member..........Hey, just a thought here, become a lifetime member & you'll NEVER get another threatening renewal notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    With respect to the number of renewal notices, I talked to Chris, our Membership Marketing Coordinator, and this is the summary she provided for me:

Here is our current renewal schedule:

1. Email Renewal #1 (actually isn’t a renewal, but encourages AutoPilot) – 4.5 mo from expire
    2. Mailed Renewal #1 - 4 mo from expire
    3. Mailed Renewal #2 – 3 mo from expire
    4. Mailed Renewal #3 - 2 mo from expire
    5. Mailed Renewal #4 – 1 mo from expire
    6. Email Renewal #2 – 20 days from expire
    7. Mailed Renewal #5 – At expire (End of month, for instance August 30th for August expires)
    8. Email Renewal #3 – Just prior to grace period cut-off (For instance, August expires are considered lapsed the 7th of September)
    9. Mailed Renewal #6 – 1 mo after expire
    10. Phone call – 2 mo after expire

Follow-up schedule:

Once the person has lapsed; two months after the phone call …Expired members will receive an invitation 4 times a year until and unless they let us know they prefer not to receive the invites anymore.
    Thanks Hal. Looks pretty reasonable to me.

When someone sends me a renewal notice 4 !/2 months before my membership expires, I and most people are going to toss it in the trash. If it is at d day minus 4 1/2 months, that means my membership still has 38% of its time still good, still to run.
    And in my original post on this topic ,it is not the frequency of notices that I mostly objected to, rather it was the language, with the threat in the notice that I found when I returned home from Oshkosh.

And Weaver. may I have your home address? I know of some nice folks that wear clean white dress shirts and will come to your door with a fascinating little booklet, (Watchtower) that you may have for free. I'd love to put you on their mailing and drop in list. And if you really like junk mail, send a check to your favorite political candidate, or charity and I promise you will never want for lack of mail again.

Sounds "pretty reasonable to me."
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-21-2012 at 03:54 PM.