Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Threat from eaa

Can't even have a discussion about EAA without someone deciding his/her political views matter to any of us and that we appreciate a forum being used this way.

Quote Originally Posted by anngray View Post
    Can't even have a discussion about EAA without someone deciding his/her political views matter to any of us and that we appreciate a forum being used this way.
    Telling people to vote is not political, madam. I suggested no political party, person or philosophy. How you interpret things is your problem and not mine. Bombs away!
    Last edited by Lindberg; 11-04-2012 at 09:30 AM.

To solve overcrowding at the polls, voting will be done a little differently this year, ie in alphabetical order.

If you are voting for a candidate whose last name begins with an O, you go to the polls on Tue. the 6th.
    If your candidate has a last name beginning with an R, you go Wed. the 7th, and lines should be shorter, less waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    To solve overcrowding at the polls, voting will be done a little differently this year, ie in alphabetical order.

If you are voting for a candidate whose last name begins with an O, you go to the polls on Tue. the 6th.
    If your candidate has a last name beginning with an R, you go Wed. the 7th, and lines should be shorter, less waiting.

My, how ignoble! Regardless of political persuasion, droll political truck stop satire is always in bad taste. As Aviators we are a little better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    My, how ignoble! Regardless of political persuasion, droll political truck stop satire is always in bad taste. As Aviators we are a little better than that.
    Ignoble? Maybe Aviators aren't, but pilots are. Ignoble synonyms: base - mean - low - vile - scurvy - low-down - villainous. Wait a minute.....Those are Navy pilots......

P.S. Nice try Greenwood. I already voted

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Wow, I just can't wait until Wednesday...

Anyway, we're way, way off topic here - let's get back to the original discussion about the frequency and wording of EAA renewal notices, or just let this thread put itself out of our misery.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    just let this thread put itself out of our misery.
    Hear! Hear!

We might not get final results by Wed., but I bet I know at least 2 guys who will be glad to sleep late, not have to get up and shave, put on a suit and have to go out and make speeches in front of millions who are like hungry crocs waiting for someone to make a mistake.

And the press can get back to covering really important matters like Tim Tebow or Lindsey Lohan!
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 11-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Amen Mr. Greenwood, I don't envy either of them, I auto renew EAA and AOPA to forgo any preceived threats.

The election results are in. Hide your Citations, Gulfstreams, Learjets and Beechjets.