Thread: Complaining and Negativity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Enjoyed airventure as i have for 23 years in fact my entire imediate family was there . The only negatives i experienced was picking up trash after people ,this use to be a given at the show that we were some of the cleanest showgrounds and campgrounds all during the week because people picked up after themselves. Does,nt seem so anymore. My brother is a 1 year member at 59 years of age and attended his first airventure i know he enjoyed but had to get over the shock of someones hatefullnes as he was trying to get turned around after getting directions from a volenteer seems people were much more plesant just a few years ago , i assumed because they came to relax and have a good time. This was also the first year i had to walk out of a portable johnny because of the condition and in hightsight i dont remember having to dodge the sanitation vehicles as in years past. I would hope we can improve upon the attitude for keeping cleaned up after ourselves and maybe the sanitation vehicles will be more numerous next year. As for hateful people i guess there everywhere and just have to endure.sorry my spellcheck does,nt seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by AVIDMAN View Post
    Enjoyed airventure as i have for 23 years in fact my e
    ntire imediate family was there . The only negatives i experienced was picking up trash after people ,this use to be a given at the show that we were some of the cleanest showgrounds and campgrounds all during the week because people picked up after themselves. Does,nt seem so anymore.
    True, years ago announcers didn't have to remind anyone to pick up trash. That was the cultural norm established and demonstrated by the leader, Mr. Paul. Culture of an organization has a huge impact on integrity, despite what is communicated in official written policy and procedure. Long timers like yourself are observing a large cultural shift at EAA and AV. And it's ain't due to a handful of uncomplimentary comments on a weboard. On the contrary, cultural change is driving the tone of current comments and complaints. Serioulsy, if EAA has a culture problem, first step in the solution is look in a mirror.