Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EAA Forums - My long-winded thoughts on the culture, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Bill, you've got a deal. My Amex # is 7. The airplane will be riveted within an inch of its life, and, I'm thinking of a kind of chartreuse with faux-woodgrain, sort of a flying family truckster. If only I had a name for that color scheme...

Thanks for the laugh.

To the others of you that have responded here, thanks so much for your kind words and favorable responses. Let the discussions continue...!
    Awesome! Where are the smilies on the iPad?

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Hal,

Nice topic and well presented! As usual lots of good comments from the bloggers, always mixed with humor and common sense. EAA is a big organization as is AOPA and when you have a lot of people you will get "politics", that is different points of view. Most of us have been around aviation long enough to know the culture, helping out with a question, is like helping a guy push his plane back into the hanger. We don't ask him if he is a Republican or a Democrat, we just grab a strut and push. Here in the world of blogging we don't see facial expressions or changes in a voice that would tip us off when someone posts a response. Things like that are part of communication and have some impact on the blogging world. We have a few topics that are driven by factors outside aviation but have an impact on aviation, that can bring in points of view that get the underware "twisted" from time to time. Overall I think the bloggers do a good job and it's a friendly atmosphere. This blog is well named, it's like having a hanger big enough to house all aircraft around the world.

Joe

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    Hal,

Nice topic and well presented!
    Many thanks, Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    We don't ask him if he is a Republican or a Democrat, we just grab a strut and push.
    If anyone wants to put that on bumper sticker, button, or a t-shirt, let me know, I'll take several - love it!

Cheers -

Hal
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 08-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal, as for as bumper stickers go, here are two of my favorites that I have seen in Boulder, both of which might not be too popular in Oshkosh or Midland, but there is an element of badly needed truth in them.

"God is too big to be confined to any one religion"
    "I 'm already against the next war"

Now Boulder may be a little far to one side of the spectrum, but there is a lot of propaganda on the other side so some balance is definitely needed.

As for an aviation related saying, my favorite is , "It's always going to be better to be on the ground wishing you could go up there, than being up in airplane and just praying that you can get down."

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    As for an aviation related saying, my favorite is , "It's always going to be better to be on the ground wishing you could go up there, than being up in airplane and just praying that you can get down."
    Definitely words to live by.

(As an aside: based on your comments about Merlin-powered trams in another thread, I'm working on a run of "Greenwood for Emperor!" bumper stickers as well... )

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Nah Hal, Bill needs one that says, "My Spitfire has more seats than yours!"